Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Winter prep

If I ever get a trolley, this is how I want to set up. Interested to see how it works out. What the paraffin for, a heater?

Yes. Green house heaters. Figured the smaller the space the better. If it does freezer with this set up. I'm thinking it will be to Cold to clean anyway. Fingers crossed.

I reckon you will be very pleasently surprised with that setup. I've see them on tv cook a whole chicken with nothing but a lightbulb in a small oven made of celotex/kingspan. Make sure you also insulate the small joints and things as they act as thermal bridges. For any holes you can squirt expanding foam in too as its pretty much the same stuff.

Good job matey.

lad i know has an old double mattress ,inside a plastic bag , laying over his shed roof. swears its a fantastic insulator

Good job, I had one of those sheds(storing toys), mega winds pulled the lid of it, had to put bolts in on hinges, if you can design something that holds the lid down at edges and not just rely on the plastic padlock part, mines ripped out and broke the plastic, think I put a rope across from one side to the other to secure it attached to wooden base that I made. ( dont mean to be all gloom and doom, just a headsup)/emoticons/smile.png

Good job, I had one of those sheds(storing toys), mega winds pulled the lid of it, had to put bolts in on hinges, if you can design something that holds the lid down at edges and not just rely on the plastic padlock part, mines ripped out and broke the plastic, think I put a rope across from one side to the other to secure it attached to wooden base that I made. ( dont mean to be all gloom and doom, just a headsup)/emoticons/smile.png
Cheers, I would rather be told and do something about it than find the lid down the road one morning.

So I checked everything daily over the holidays. Not one slither if ice, the coldest it got here was -9, and 5 days without getting above 1. So I am very happy with my little setup.

Yes. Green house heaters. Figured the smaller the space the better. If it does freezer with this set up. I'm thinking it will be to Cold to clean anyway. Fingers crossed.
Never too cold to clean

I do not know much about wfp.Is it ro or not?I will be looking to make some pure for trolley which I intend to make as well but I do not know where to start.no driveway and no shed in the garden but setup like yours should be ok for me.any advice right from the beginning?

Ro

I do not know much about wfp.Is it ro or not?I will be looking to make some pure for trolley which I intend to make as well but I do not know where to start.no driveway and no shed in the garden but setup like yours should be ok for me.any advice right from the beginning?
It's 200 GPD RO. Get it as close to a tap as you can. I leave it on a slow trickle all the time. So you need overflow into a drain. A second box is a good idea for storing your water. Keeps the sun off them to stop the alge build up, and stops them freezing this time of year.

nice job....and it took me all my time to get the skittles out of my plastic box in the boot....i am a lazy ....

and as for the smell in the car.....and yes i took all my damp scrims in ....i ...er think...the carpet. seats...may have got slightly damp somehow and as i didnt use the car for a week.

...it is going ...slowly...i just hope nobody comes to the car window to pay..:eek:..not that it works../emoticons/biggrin.png.

and as for the three water butts all wrapped up delivered in November....er...they are not really filling up yet....lying on their side...well maybe ...with dogs wee......

Ro
It's 200 GPD RO. Get it as close to a tap as you can. I leave it on a slow trickle all the time. So you need overflow into a drain. A second box is a good idea for storing your water. Keeps the sun off them to stop the alge build up, and stops them freezing this time of year.
how much pure can you produce using that system per hour?

Back