Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Caravan

john39

girl seen me this morning cleaning windows and asked if I could wash her caravan.

its covered in moss,and dirt. how much would you charge for a clean?

and what would you use ecover?

I'm guessing Virosol or Ubik 2000 but I'm sure Mark M uses Virosol in one of his vids (he cleans a lot of em).

got to be careful if using strong chems like ubik or virosl on a caravan as might damage it especialy the windows if they are acrylic and can easly scratch too.

Fenwicks & bobby dazzler seems to be what most use to clean mobile caravans.

The fenwicks vids might help you understand how to use the products

I wouldn't viro or Ubik on a caravan.. I think it would fade the paint!! Viro turned my nice red van into Red with pink spots.. Had to get the t cut out..

When I go to my caravan for my holidays in August I'll be using a car shampoo to wash it

I valet caravans.....my dad has his own touring caravan workshop and was very strong with his views on caravan cleaning.

If it helps I was taught like this...

1) pre rinse just with tap water and a hose,

2) use a soft extendable brush and a bucket of water with 2 cap fulls of Fenwicks caravan shampoo.

3) start at the bottom! Work along the bottom of the sides and then bottom to top on the front and back.

( if you wash the roof first the chemicals in the shampoo will run down the van and streak it.

4) use a platform ladder to access the roof ( don't lean ladders against the panels of the caravan they are paper thin and dent easily.

5) wash roof....then do awning rails along the roof with a toothbrush and the tv Ariel with a magic sponge.

6) if the customer is in get them to open the skylights....a lot of **** under the lip of the plastic....shut skylights and rinse.

7) rinse....rinse and rinse the roof again.....crud will keep creeping out from behind lights and vents on the roof.

8) clean windows...tradional methods are best, the windows are acrylic and scratch easy.

9) go over whole van with magic sponge and get in the grab handles etc.

10) you then have the option of a aqua wax coating or over wintering.

Hope this helps.

Back