Warning.. Windows 10.. don't do it!!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by ♠Winp®oClean♠, Aug 25, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

Just had a nightmare. Upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 via free upgrade. Almost lost everything, couldn't access most apps, or even settings. Also couldn't revert back to Win 7 like they say you can. MS support is the worst I have ever encounted, in the end had to pay a local tech to recover the laptop via original recovery discs. He told me he has had loads to do in the last two weeks for the very same reason. Upgrade at your peril !!!!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. rafawindowcleaning

rafawindowcleaning Well-Known Member

Just to show the other side of the story upgraded about 2-3 weeks ago and couldnt be happier so far system is a bit faster than 7 and also looks fresher and more modern. No problems whatsoever

3. cheapncheerful

sorry you suffered winp

im okay thanks for the warning as apparently my equipment is too old to upgrade...:D

got a load of stuff that worked fine on xp but cant work on 7 think they do it on purpose..

4. Njones

Njones Well-Known Member
    Supplier

I've been using windows 10 for a month & love it - its faster & smoother and everything worked perfectly for me after the upgrade...

5. cheapncheerful

ha well I just clicked on the windows 10 box and it says I can have it now....at first it said my screen wasnt good enough but now looking forward to it....but...

thanks for the warning winp before I press go....its back up time..:D

6. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Been using windows 8 for nearly 2 years now, everyone hates it, but I like it. I don't want to upgrade to windows 10 as I don't want the task bar back haha. I know I'm a rare specimen ;) But what I really want to know is 'What the hell happened to windows 9?' :confused:

7. keefo

keefo Well-Known Member

I upgraded but never use the new gizmos. I just use the old way of getting to folders n documents etc which are on my taskbar.

8. MrBump

MrBump Guest

**Oops I meant start button not task bar :fubar: :giggle:

9. Jacob

Jacob Guest

i love win 7 best one since their well done Xp sp2, a bit nerveous about upgrading to the new 10

10. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Ill have to have a look at 10, if its owt like 8 forget it, tried that for a few weeks and drove me crazy, happy with 7.

edit: didnt realise it was free! now im interested, im guessing george and a lot of apps wont be supported yet though

Advertisement