Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Night time window cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jake

anyone done it?

Did it last night, wasn't bad, but only cos the showroom lights are on!

Had to do another full external clean, started at 4:30, finished at 7:45 just as it was getting dark, finished one side on quite a dim light, but suprisingly it wasn't too bad, with the showroom lights on, it helped light up the water droplets for rinsing,

Thinking of doing the windows at sun down next time, as I prefer to do them when the workers are gone, also means in the winter i can do them in the evening, we'll see..

View attachment 5288

View attachment 5296

View attachment 5295

:wait:....or do them in the early hours of the morning .....like I does :thumbs:....

leaves me the rest of the day to enjoy what I'm going to do next :think:..........

.....I'M OFF TO THE PUB :cheers: ........::p:...:giggle:....:hi:.

:wait:....or do them in the early hours of the morning .....like I does :thumbs:....leaves me the rest of the day to enjoy what I'm going to do next :think:..........

.....I'M OFF TO THE PUB :cheers: ........::p:...:giggle:....:hi:.
If my dad were a window cleaner he would be just like you Bingo:windowcleaner: :cheers:

I dont do commercial but if i did i think i would try the early morning work rather than late day/evening.

I tell a lie, once i cleaned a school very early in the morning with none other than polznbladz, i didnt like it as i had an hours drive to get to his area for a start and i think i was there before 6am [delusional]

Great to work with him though

Trouble is they start at 8, so by the time it's light in the morning id only have 2 hours !

I did night work 2 weeks ago. It was too hot time in day (35-40 degrees Celsius). Too hard to work on the Sun. So, I decide to work in night. My workout increased.

I did night work 2 weeks ago. It was too hot time in day (35-40 degrees Celsius). Too hard to work on the Sun. So, I decide to work in night. My workout increased.
Good idea in that heat!

if u eat lots of carrots u will b able to c fine in the dark, thats wat i do on the shop run in winter :rock::thumbsup::rofl:

Might invest in some night vision goggles :rofl:

Imagine that, looking like an sas troop cleaning windows in the dark :alien:

that does remind me of my youth...always pushing in the winter...just how late could you clean before it looks silly..

not so bothered these days but I did do one a while back it was a new build clean and the builders had buggered off to the pub because of the rain early dark so cheapy climbed the fence and carried on.

yeh okay...I own up...I got a call back on that for missed stickers but only took five mins as the rest was clean../emoticons/biggrin.png

now wheres my head torch...?

Nice one cheap - builders cleans, hate em!

I ran away from one the other day, did half of it, then did a runner as it was horrible, couldn't get it clean, builders shouting and screaming all over the place, and annoying dust constantly hitting the Windows,

In the end I got so angry I just packed up and left!

Good idea, but I can't get up early!! :zzz::zzz::zzz::eek:
I was the same for years!!! Used to start at 10am when I broke off the 9-6 treadmill in 1996 :) didn't mind working till 5 or 6 for the relaxed mornings. Loved it! Now, the earlier I can get up the better. Get so much more done with nobody about, and home much earlier. I'd never revert back now! You'll prob change a bit later on like I did. (y)

Nice one cheap - builders cleans, hate em!
I ran away from one the other day, did half of it, then did a runner as it was horrible, couldn't get it clean, builders shouting and screaming all over the place, and annoying dust constantly hitting the Windows,

In the end I got so angry I just packed up and left!
Builders clean - great for practicing patience! I always got angry doing builders cleans. No matter what I charged they'd always take me 3 times longer!! Sod that lark. Brain damage. Now I just do final cleans. Stress free.

I was the same for years!!! Used to start at 10am when I broke off the 9-6 treadmill in 1996 /emoticons/smile.png didn't mind working till 5 or 6 for the relaxed mornings. Loved it! Now, the earlier I can get up the better. Get so much more done with nobody about, and home much earlier. I'd never revert back now! You'll prob change a bit later on like I did. (y)
I used to start at 7:30 am, now it's 8am, so I don't get up and start late, but doing Porsche at 5:30am or the likes - nah !

Although might do in the summer, too dark now that early anyway /emoticons/wink.png

Builders clean - great for practicing patience! I always got angry doing builders cleans. No matter what I charged they'd always take me 3 times longer!! Sod that lark. Brain damage. Now I just do final cleans. Stress free.

Yeah I rarely do them, if ever now, the one I did recently will probably be the last!!

Back