Was so close to taking a fall

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Smurf, Mar 6, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I was so close to taking a fall from my gutter clearing ladder yesterday as was not concentrating on what I was doing. It was one of those man pants moments I can tell you.:D

Good job the ankalad was deployed and the microlite standoff was on the roof tiles at the time or the ladder would have defo gone sideways & from underneath me as I managed to save myself from falling.

That just goes to show the system I use to stabalise the ladder works rather well thank god.:rolleyes:

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Unlike this chap that fell just using a normal ladder.

3. laddergarder

was that guy even a window cleaner?

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

No I don't think so laddergarder but the vid gives the general idea of what can happen to a normal ladder when it becomes unstable due to operator error as they say.

5. laddergarder

looks like he was leaning too far off to the side of the ladder. Trying to reach something, and the ladder twisted and went to the side. He was lucky he did not get impaled on those railings. Lucky lucky bloke.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Indeed...

On my little misshap yesterday I actualy lost my balance and fell sideways and just managed in time to grab the ladder before I complety fell off it. If I had been using just a normal ladder it would have made no different and I defo would have fallen taking the ladder with me.

7. TolishAPurd

Damn that was close, I thought he was going to get one of those spikes up his hoop.

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

you needed a wake up call it seems and got one

9. cheapncheerful

oh god the vid scared me....yes they do come along those moments and it really wakes you up...sad thing was my last one was on my own house.....well i left the ladder for a sec and you canna do that in the wind....

10. TolishAPurd

Glad you're ok though smurf. Wake up call for all I think.

Advertisement