Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tables have turned!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Damo

Over the years we have done many one off jobs on houses where they already have a window cleaner. For whatever reason they don't do the services we do for example conservatory cleaning.

However what I have found this year is other companies are cleaning surfaces on my customers even though my customers know I provide these services or I have even done these in the past. 

Now I know it's not quality as we have two sets of conservatory roof ladders, top notch pressure washers etc etc. So it only leaves me to think it's price now. 

I try to look after my customers and go above and beyond for them but I have to question their loyalty now. 

I know I don't own the customers and it's just goodwill but like I say I find myself in an unusual sitution. 

Anyone been in a similar situation?

I reckon it's just people being tight with money mate

I know your pricing roughly for connys and fsg etc and i agree with the prices but they may be shopping around for a cheaper deal.. seems quality doesn't matter when you see some of the jobs others do

I don't do add ons but I have noticed new work slow massively this year and it is coming down to price.

New starters need the work they are prepared to do jobs for next to nothing also inexperience makes them under value and underprice jobs.

Go back to any of your customers that don't use you for these services anymore and ask them why?I guarantee it will be down to price.

Yeah I have noticed there is a lot more competition but in 12 months we've added over 500 regular customers so not really fussed about add ons. To be honest we're up on one offs this year anyway due to having a higher amount of customers. 

I had 5 client's in one street use someone else to do their FSG and 3 on another estate in this past year or so and it's down to price.

I only quoted 2 of them one accepted then cancelled before I managed to fit it in and the other ones jaw nearly hit the floor when I told him the price [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

theres guys pricing in my area for very cheep now pressure washing for a flat rate 8 hours £120 per day also window cleaning and gutter cleaning for silly money one job i charged £90 for the gutters this guy put a price in at £40 lol but he never turned up so i got the job 

I've had it when a customer has had someone into to do an add on that i previously did,

Again as said on here it's down to price, but then I've often had the customer return

back to me 12 months or so later for the same job and I've charged my normal price.

Maybe sometimes they are not as happy or as trusting with the journeymen.

You are probably over pricing them so you dodnt have to do them if you are busy with windows.

A year ago i would have done all sorts of add ons relatively cheaply if it meant filling a day with work. The more windows i get the less bothered i am about them, rarely do they provide  more profit than windows unless you are going in really high. They just get in the way and mess up my round, starting to think whats the point, less **** on my van, less messing about, just go in daft high to avoid them then complain when they get someone else in lol

Prices are on my www so they know I aint pricing high, one of the companies crawls all over fb desperate to clean anything I know that.

Prices are on my www so they know I aint pricing high, one of the companies crawls all over fb desperate to clean anything I know that.

Its funny some people will pay £15 for a 15 min window clean but not £60 for an hours gutter cleaning...people are strange

Pvc cleaning only I want £40+ an hour as it can be gruelling work at times so I aint killing myself for less I only get a handful of add ons a year if i am lucky, When I say £150 for a F.S.G clean on a 4 bed house including all the windows no one gets back to me. :1f602:  

when i give a price for conny clean  and they look shocked i  tell them to get a quote from Sandersons conny cleaning,     they charge around £400,        they advertise on tv

ie enough customers and work now , so i dont give silly prices now.    price accordingly,      gutter cleaning,      if up ladders   ,  you risk your life,     a roofer wouldnt give silly prices.     Electricians    , i got a qoute to fit an outside double socket on a wall  for access to plug  in extension in an to charge batteries etc,     £120,  it would take him   15-20 minutes,   i said no.   ill get one with a built in cable, you just wire it upto a  RCD  plug and plug it in house   then i can use outside sockets,  around £20, SAVING £100image.pngimage.png

ie enough customers and work now , so i dont give silly prices now.    price accordingly,      gutter cleaning,      if up ladders   ,  you risk your life,     a roofer wouldnt give silly prices.     Electricians    , i got a qoute to fit an outside double socket on a wall  for access to plug  in extension in an to charge batteries etc,     £120,  it would take him   15-20 minutes,   i said no.   ill get one with a built in cable, you just wire it upto a  RCD  plug and plug it in house   then i can use outside sockets,  around £20, SAVING £100View attachment 10808View attachment 10807
Where did you buy that Johnny?

You are probably over pricing them so you dodnt have to do them if you are busy with windows.

A year ago i would have done all sorts of add ons relatively cheaply if it meant filling a day with work. The more windows i get the less bothered i am about them, rarely do they provide  more profit than windows unless you are going in really high. They just get in the way and mess up my round, starting to think whats the point, less **** on my van, less messing about, just go in daft high to avoid them then complain when they get someone else in lol
I used to think like that but now i would rather do 2 conny roofs and a fascia job then have the rest of the day off and £400 in my pocket than mess on with windows all day

I tend to save those jobs up and have a couple of days of just add ons

I used to think like that but now i would rather do 2 conny roofs and a fascia job then have the rest of the day off and £400 in my pocket than mess on with windows all day

I tend to save those jobs up and have a couple of days of just add ons

Yeh I can understand that but I can't get that kind of money for ad ons where I am. 2 conny roofs and an fsg I'd be lucky to get 150. I can honestly say ive never made 400 in a day...Tried it all now, pressure washing, fsg, connys, valeting, carpets and ok very rarely I might get a big job but generally speaking, day to day consistently it's easier sticking to windows. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back