Washing up liquid in seals

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Alex87, Feb 18, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Alex87

Alex87 Active Member

Basically I have picked up a few customers in one area and they all used to be done trad for years and years.

Noticed before cleaning one today washing up liquid or whatever he used along top of window.

I scrubbed the seal and gave a good rinse done rest of windows but when I returned I could see it with the sun shining on it.

Any suggestions how I prevent this please.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Cghwindowcleaning

Cghwindowcleaning Well-Known Member

Over the years the soap will have built up in the seals the same can happen with wooden frames.
    You need to scrub and plenty of rinsing you need to flush the soap out.it can take a couple of cleans.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Alex87

Alex87 Active Member

But it will eventually go.

They are anti wfp as it is and I try to explain why and they say can't you just get up a ladder and do them.

The one said earlier that when she notices it she goes out and cleans the top of window with washing up liquid. Silly bat. Just going around in circles.

4. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

WELL there nothing wrong with using fairy to clean windows mate

and second if you picked up from a trad cleaner expect the seals to hold it eventualy they will empty over time maybe 3 cleans in perfect finish

5. Alex87

Alex87 Active Member

Not saying anything wrong with it. Just the thought of me trying to clear it out the seals and her topping them back up.

Thanks for the info. At least I know what to say when they query it.

6. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

It's a case of excessive scrubbing and rinsing I'm afraid!! I had a particular one the same, took three times longer than normal on the first clean.

7. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

theres that famous water fed pole excuse!

it will be at least 3 cleans before its right!!!!

what a load of rubbish, scrub it better first time and it will be right first time.
    it could even be water marks or small droplets of lime scale,

8. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

i find the trick is to clean them scrub them seals rinse the hell out of them then go bk to the first window and then just clean the glass only its idel on a warm day as if they dry quick thats best i think as when u go to do them again u get a perfect finish

9. kevinc250

kevinc250 Well-Known Member

y'now rich i'm inclined to agree with you on this one,it can be done properly the first time regardless of rinsing and rinsing again
    i offer a policy of a free re clean if there is a problem and in ten years i have had only eight complaints about runs etc

10. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

I'm the same, I always say to them all our work is guaranteed so if there is any problems or any marks on the windows after they are dry, please call us or drop us a text and we will come back and put anything right again free of charge.

never had a call back or anyone say next time I'm there anything about marks being left.

take your time first time and all will be good!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Advertisement