Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shurflo strainer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If your filter is getting clogged up quickly then you need to look for the source of contamination.

I would imagine that algae growing in your storage tank could be an issue. This is due to it being affected by sunlight.

Another source is a dirty transfer hose at the end that it goes into the tank. It picks up grit etc from the road/drive and is 'washed off' when the tank is being filled.

I had an issue with clear plastic tanks on my trailer which were open to the elements. I had to wash the inside of the tanks every 2 weeks in the summer to remove the algae. The supplier of that system didn't include a pump filter, so I have no experience of how often it would have to have been cleaned if it had had one.

Even although the water processed from r/o to tank back then was 0 ppm the algae still grew.

I have cleaned mine once this year so far. But I pump directly from the tap to the 600 van tank now so there's virtually no contamination.

its an easy job that doesn't need doing on a regular basis unless your tanks a water butt

rinse it under the tap to clean it if it needs it,if its full of crud an alghi as spruce said you have an issue somewhere.

if you have this soak the strainer in milton to kill that and a very very weak solution of sodium hypochlorite will kill existing growth.its a better idea to prevent this before it happens though

Latest Posts

Back