Waste water?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Hanco13, Apr 12, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Hanco13

Hanco13 Member

I'm going to start collecting rainwater to purify. I just wondered, instead of letting the waste water that my RO system spits out trickle down the drain, it can be captured and then reused to purify again? I've never actually tested the purity of the 'waste' water which is ejected from my RO system, but it seems such a waste to just let it p*** down the drain. Have any of you fine gentlemen any advice when it comes to cutting costs when purifying? Thanks in advance fellas. ✌️

Advertisement
  2. abs

abs Guru

The waste water tds would be higher than your mains tap so it would need going through a ro again really as it'll kill any resin

3. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

yes i was thinking the same as but could you not loop the waste back into the incomong water ???? so it wud go

water tap> sediment>carbon>4040ro>pure water into tank
    >waste water goes back to the start ie just before the sediment filter or would this cause to much pressure opr what ????

4. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Maybe direct the waste into your bathtub and have a bath instead of a shower more often.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If you are producing a large amount of pure water per day the you will need a very large bathtub methinks for all the waste water. :D

I live in quite a hard water area so trying to put back through 400 plus ppm waste water back through an ro/di system would be an utter waste of time and money if you ask me. Not to mention the added running costs in doing so. Even trying to store the waste water to use on a garden etc you would soon end up have more storage tanks than actual garden to water. Unless you happen to own a farm or something then guess you will be not that bothered cleaning windows for a living.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I've already tried putting collected rain water through a ro/di system and it don't work using a submersible pump as the system needs good pressure to work. Therefore I'm curious to know how you would do this?

7. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

booster pump

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

It seems to me to somewhat defets the object of trying to be green if you have to start using electric to make pure water from rain water. Surely decent size booster pumps are not cheap to buy or run for long periods of time?

9. Hanco13

Hanco13 Member

I only wash on special occasions, Birthdays, Xmas, etc etc, so no problems there lol.

10. Hanco13

Hanco13 Member

Exactly the way you mentioned there Smurf. I've got two 650 litre tanks that I've acquired, just sitting there in the garden. I was thinking of collecting the rainwater in one, then using a submersible pump to chuck it through the RO filters, then use the other tank to store the resulting purified. Is this idea a non starter in your opinion Smurf-man?

Advertisement