wat do i do

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by tench0771, Apr 25, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

its now taking me 7 weeks to get round i dont wana take any one on do i turn wrk away or do i take it on an wack up the price if ur longer than 7 weeks windows take longer to clean wich means using more water an taking more time grrrrrrr i shouldent complane as at least im bizzy

Advertisement
  2. norm

norm Grand Master

nice problem tench0771 too have, as long as ur keeping your customers happy, as there is only so much one man and his dog can do:thumbsup:

3. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

Work on your customer’s prices & your profit tench0771, not customer numbers, less busyness and more business.

Keep within your chosen work hours and only turn down work that pays less or the same than you are currently achieving, and replace work when you have no more time to service them.

Enjoy yourself, treat it as a game and refine your round by continually working your prices, one customer at a time.

You window for money, how well you can do this is measured with money, nothing else; the measure is simply a monetary figure to see how well you are doing. (You could window clean to collect a higher number of customers and measure with customers, but why would anyone do this?)

Richard

4. shazzy692002

I have had my son whos 15 work with me the last 2 weeks, whilst on school holidays. He mainly get all equipment out and put it away. Wow, how much time does this save. I am earning £30-£60 more a day with his help, I pay him £20 a day we work 830am till 230pm, or whenever I run out of water/customers.....I am not wasting water whilst waliking around houses etc, so im getting to do more houses with my 300l tank.....In the long run its probably worth paying a youngster to help you out.

5. cheapncheerful

good position to be in tench...me i would bundle all the cra p py jobs and sell them...when you get rid of some it feels great to be back on track again and of course a bit of cash in your pocket helps...:)...me pretty much only got cra p py jobs..

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

That's not an uncommon problem to have in this game as one person can only do so much.
    You must decide for yourself what you want out of it in momentary terms per month without killing yourself in the proccess.

You can either hire extra help which we all know can be more hassle than it's worth sometimes.
    Try to gain higher paid work
    Increase prices on existing customers
    Eventually cull lower paid jobs

Another option to consider is to increase your prices and put existing customers on a 2 monthly or 8 weekly clean instead. In doing so halving your workload in the process and earn a few more bob

Ideally your goal should be work less hours for more net profit which sometimes is not a very easy thing to do if your work has been sold on price alone.

Good luck with that one ;)

7. Luke Elliott

Luke Elliott Active Member

Agree with Smurf. We've all got those customers we could switch to 8 wkly and wouldn't care or perhaps would even prefer it. Start there. See how much you can trim.

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

tench0771, if it's taking 7 weeks to get round and you suddenly start appearing every 4 weeks again the custys might think "hang on, this is too frequent now! I want the windows cleaned less often." I'd try and sell some of the cr@p / messers and go 6 weekly.

The majority of my customers are 4 weekly, which is a bit too often I think. Six weekly is about right IMO.

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

you are risking burnout ,if you carry on with a full workload. its a real risk. if i was you id employ and i did and have never regetted doing so .
    only regret i have is i should have started employing 6 months before i did. but i had my doubts as everybody does " what if i get into this too deep " etc .

ignore those doubts and the doubters in your family or friends who say you will come unstuck , they themselves have no bottle

10. Luke Elliott

Luke Elliott Active Member

boarcity did you emply or sub contract? I have sub contracted from time to time but am often curious about taking someone on permanently. Or permanent sub.

Advertisement