water control valve instead of pump controller?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by richard123456, Jul 1, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. richard123456

richard123456 Member

If I use a 5l a minute diaphragm pump can I control the flow with a control valve?
    Will it cut the pump out or control it? if I restrict the flow will there be a delay in water if it does cut out to stop the pressure getting too much. Its just cheap eBay one. Got an automatic cut off switch. I am trying to make it as cheap as possible without buying a pump controller.

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Cheap is not always best mate. Get the best and forget the rest.

What pump have you got?

3. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

U will wreck the pump. U can get a controller for around 50 quid

4. richard123456

richard123456 Member

Its an eBay 16.99 5l/ minute 100psi.

5. spruce

spruce Grand Master

On another post you were asking if 25 liters was enough water to clean 1 house.

It sounds to me as though you are trying to make a cheap portable system to achieve that.

If you are then I would hesitate to recommend a 5 liter pump for your application. You really need to be looking at something a little smaller say 3.1 lpm.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/diaphragm...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item20e8a1b0f0

These are the pumps filled into backpacks, but even they work better with a speed controller.

If I was in your position I would be looking at a unit that I could use 'out of the box'. In this case the seller will have a pretty good idea of what's needed to get you started.

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/al...gardiner-pure-water-backpack-v3-22-litre.html

I certainly wouldn't waste my time trying to make a diy system when this is available at this price.

Purefreedom do fit a 5.1 liter Shurflo pump to their trolleys, but they pair it with a proper Spring manufactured controller.

As Tuffers post says. Cheap isn't always best.

I have done a search on ebay and can't find a pump for £16.99 under water fed pole. However, if it's the one I think it is, then I would say you get what you pay for.

Advertisement