Water Costs

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Honestcleaning, Sep 24, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Honestcleaning

Honestcleaning Well-Known Member

In process of buying a new house...... and its got a water metre!

I know the cost is really irrelevant, but just wondering what the biggest water bill people are coming out with.

We're not selling our current house, just going to rent it out so just wondering if its going to be worth telling tenants i'll be popping back to use the outside tap to fill up the vans!

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

I'm on a water meter here and bills are fine, it works out about £2.something for 1000lts.

3. Honestcleaning

Honestcleaning Well-Known Member

Cool, ta mate. Peanuts..... just I was talking to a guy the other day who said if he was on a metre, he wouldnt be able to afford to run anymore. He had clearly been smoking drugs! :wacko:

4. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

I thought it would be a lot to pay too when I first started but running it for a year it's nothing. With my ro it take 3000lt to make 1000lt pure. And I've not noticed any big bills.

5. deno

deno Active Member

RC is that the usual conversion? ie 3000lt to make 1000lt of pure? What happens to the other 2000lt? I am thinking about going wfp (only for some jobs) and will definitely need an RO system.

6. harunh

harunh Legend

the other 2000ltr is waste water that is not pure water this is what happens when u use an ro... i dont know much about ro but thats all i know :p lol

7. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

H is right, the other 2000lts is waste water, i can put another membrain on it to reduce the watse and increase the pure water but not really got round to that yet.

8. daley

daley Banned

U NEAD A 40 40 RO and u can clame wast back of your serage

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Obviously the longer you need to keep an outside tap running the more it will cost to produce pure if on a water meter. Small R.O's take a lot more time to produce pure rather than the pro ones used like a 40 40 single or twin RO setups that are a hell of a lot quicker.

Also If not done so already should consider rainwater harvesting too as is cheap and easy to setup which can save using a R.O so much.

10. deno

deno Active Member

Whats a 40 40? is that referring to ro size (40 inch) and does 40 40 mean there are 2 ro's?

Advertisement