Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Three houses per barrel ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jackjoewill

Been using the pole system for 7 weeks now after 30 years trad. My work is every three weeks. I find I am using a 25l barrel for every three four bedroom detached houses on a flow rate setting of 16. All my customers seem happy, yet I keep reading that a barrel should only last 2 houses. Do you think I am not using enough water.

If your customers are kept happy then why worry

Welcome to the dark side bud :thumbsup:

Been using the pole system for 7 weeks now after 30 years trad. My work is every three weeks. I find I am using a 25l barrel for every three four bedroom detached houses on a flow rate setting of 16. All my customers seem happy, yet I keep reading that a barrel should only last 2 houses. Do you think I am not using enough water.
Your post should end with a question mark and not a full stop.

if your cleaning dollys houses you will be fine ha ha

just joking, jack must say thats not alot of water but if your checking them then who can say your wrong. After thirty years on the ladders how do you find the wfp interesting to here your coments

if its wrking then dont change but 16 seems like a low flow to me i have mine set at 53 on a stream line flow con thats with 100m of hose tho

Benefits. Not so tired, quicker now I'm used to it, and much better results on leaded.

Drawbacks. Aching arms and back.

Mind the aches are getting less each week.

Do you manage to use that small amount of water even in summer?

I get through 2 barrels to do 3 4bed houses.

So Im using twice what you do!

Are they 25 litre barrels? what jets do you use?

When I started with a backpack I had my flow on 16 or 17. Now I have a 400 litre tank I run it at 25 and clean on the glass. No issues.

Fan jets, 100m minbore hose reel, digi controller set to 50-60 blasts through my work and some windows too /emoticons/biggrin.png

Like has been said customers are happy don't try and fix what's not broke is what ide say.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

Nice to see someone else having success with lesser water usage, I'm getting to thinking its more about the areas people live in. In regards of pollution and general **** in the air,nth is must have an affect on water usage I'm sure. I've dabbled with fan jets, but to get same finish the water usage in a lot more. So I just use pencils now unless I come across the dreaded glass that won't rinse with jets.

i get about 8 houses out of a barrel at 17 , 2 bedroom and bathroom , but i now only do the tops and do the bottoms trad unless i canny reach them . save me ££££ on resin .

if its not broken don't try to fix it !!!!!

I did only one hose today and only used 600 litres of pure on it /emoticons/biggrin.png

What area do you work. Maybe the elements around are kind to the widows hence less water.

I personally use about 25 litres per house.

But dont change if it works

Well done

Also to note if u are cleaning in quiet roads Every three weeks, they wont be getting very dirty so wont take as much water as say a busy road every 4+ weeks.

Back