Water damaged glass, best thing to use?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Window Cleener, Nov 27, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Window Cleener

Can anyone recommended a product for water damaged glass.
    Upstairs where the windows are under the soffits there fine
    However downstairs where the windows have render above them they have building runoff damage.
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

yeh me want to know that too.....one recommended on here was that cillit bang..i hate that bloke...grrrrr.....but unless i tried the wrong one it did nothing for me...so i watch with interest....it is annoying and yes mine are where there is render above...

3. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

Is it just run off not splatter? If it's run off it should come off easily, failing that get a scraper on it with plenty of soap

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I have a house where they have a flat lead roof over a bay. Rain water runs off it onto the glass and has stained it. I can rub most of it off with a cloth, but it has returned by the next clean. I've given up on it now and just WFP it and carry on regardless.

5. Window Cleener

Maybe its a little bit more than run off then, As I bladed it to start off with, No joy! So tried to scrape it of still no hoy!
    Needs something with a bit of bite in it for it to even budge!
    Is there nothing on the market for this specific job?

CnC yes i have heard someone say cillit bang! And the only bang we need is the barrels of a 12 bore at Barry Scott! :D

6. TolishAPurd

I'm of Tuffers thinking: carry on regardless. They fked it up, theycan live with it. But generally a good soapy scrape and a splash of vinegar gets most thinks off.

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I even tried Virosol on a magic sponge on it once, still no good :thumbsdown:

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

9. TolishAPurd

Yep, I've gone as far as using viakal on it which is really nasty s***, still no joy, so the only stuff I will carry and use is vinegar since it won't damage your health.

Lol. I think it was abs that clicked the 'old' button on one of my posts, I assume (and hope) it was an accident. Any chance you can dislike this post for me so I can have a round number please?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. cheapncheerful

i cant dislike you tolish its a :love: thing....

now come on I now there is something out there....stop keeping secrets...spit it out....

I think some products do work but.....would you pay for them....if the custy doesn't even notice the water marks...?

Advertisement