Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Moss removal

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've a ground floor pitched roof extension moss removal job coming up so thought after mentioning I would order a small wire broom head to try. As my wfp's are fitted with the gardiner quick loq system will just screw on a quick loq brush socket to the wooden brush stock then see how well it works at removing moss from tiles.

Wire broom head arrived today so I just screwed on an old gardiner socket & angle crank to use on a wfp.

View attachment 2820

Could have do with it today to be honest but will see how it works out on the next one

Also ma gardiner sill and cladding brush arrived today(very quick delivery) I will see how it works on friday- gutter,fascia and soffits cleaning with gutter connector replacement.

Will have to wait and see but the wires don't seem too stiff on some spare tiles I've tried it on. To be honest the wires seem a little sparse but I will give it a go anyway.

Yes I bought the 250mm one from that website but got hit with £4.95 delivery as could not be arsed to mess about looking elsewhere . Tonight I had a look on fleebay and yes you can get them cheaper on their but may not be as good who knows.

It might be to stiff.did You buy that broom from the webside you mensioned early?

Well it worked sort ok but found it quicker to use a half round progutter tool on a wfp pole instead.

Took me just over 2 hours to do a small 7x4 m pitch tile roof ground floor extension including set up and packing away. Next was gutter clearing job which took me 1 hour for the same amount of money. I know for sure which service I would prefer to do as that roof cleaning job was bloody hard graft and took twice as long to do.

The good new is I've also got the block of 4 terraced houses to clear & clean the guttering etc on after I removed the moss from that roof.

How You do it Smurf..

..?wherever You go people come to you and ask for service...You must look very professional lool

Hopefully it will work for me then when my new gear turns up..gonna call meself smurfette and see what happens

you need to put something down on the roof peak that trickles down the roof to stop the moss re-growing, my neighbour had it done,i THINK it was aluminium sulphate or a name like it

I was looking at this to offer as a service http://www.algoclear.com/content/12-algoclear-pro-softwash

Now look at the pics on their roof cleaning site /emoticons/biggrin.pnghttp://www.roofclean.co.uk/

"remove moss, algae and lichen from roofs and walls with ease"

Hmmmm....I don't think as the roofs have to be cleared of moss first for it to be effective. :rolleyes:

you need to put something down on the roof peak that trickles down the roof to stop the moss re-growing, my neighbour had it done,i THINK it was aluminium sulphate or a name like it

Last edited by a moderator:
Loving all the safety gear they're (not) using

Especially the guy standing on the roof above the skylight:laugh:

Sadly I've personally have known 3 what I would call old school roofer die from falling off roofs.

It's a very dangerous occupation for sure and they all were very experienced roofers but was no conciliation for the families they left behind. /emoticons/sad.png

Latest Posts

Back