Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Moss removal

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It isn't a very safe job..can be careful 100% of the time but 1 little lapse in concentration and it's game over.

I used to do roofs with my mums ex and it is easy to get complacent.

I know one guy who died and one who now has 2 discs removed from his lower spine, 1 per fall so how lucky is he to still be here after 2 falls. Is drunk daily now as don't like the constant painkillers he should be taking still after about 10 years

Can be a life changing experience for sure surviving from a fall but to have two... Poor bloke /emoticons/sad.png

Is "Lucky" his nick name I wonder....

Now this chaps story is a stark reminder & makes you think.

It's worth seeing the whole vid to understand the full picture of what that chap went through.

[media]

[/media]

have you tried out the algo clear pro smurf , its expensive , i recently got a quote for 10 litres and they want 170 euros but apparently it makes up to 400 litres , i want to see how it compares to hypo on render cleans as im not that interested on roof jobs unless their prepared to pay top whack .

thanks for the link smurf , il order 1 litre of the mistral version and il let you know if its up to the job.:thumbsup:

Ammonium chloride is basically just bleach..don't know what the first bit of the chemical name means but it is some sort of bleach type thingymybob

Well it worked sort ok but found it quicker to use a half round progutter tool on a wfp pole instead.Took me just over 2 hours to do a small 7x4 m pitch tile roof ground floor extension including set up and packing away. Next was gutter clearing job which took me 1 hour for the same amount of money. I know for sure which service I would prefer to do as that roof cleaning job was bloody hard graft and took twice as long to do.
bet you were smurfing feathers at that job:(

I was looking at this to offer as a service http://www.algoclear.com/content/12-algoclear-pro-softwash
Now look at the pics on their roof cleaning site /emoticons/biggrin.pnghttp://www.roofclean.co.uk/

"remove moss, algae and lichen from roofs and walls with ease"

Hmmmm....I don't think as the roofs have to be cleared of moss first for it to be effective. :rolleyes:

I've used a similar product and just sprayed it on and left it. It was a dry spell and the moss was brown. I could immediately see the places I had sprayed as the moss turned green within minutes.

I haven't done any recently, but I have checked the last roof I cleaned and the moss has just now only started to grow back. I did that house about 2 years ago.

I must admit that the roof pictured has a high moss buildup which would be better to clean off first.

I did consider this to be another add on to window cleaning when we didn't have enough work for the 3 of us, but we very quickly filled in the gaps so I haven't continued with it.

Most ppl when they ask me "do you clean roofs too" just wants the build up of moss removed.

Personally I would only have a go at ground floor pitch roofs now if they are easy to do safely.

Fully erected scaffolding around the building and fall protection is the proper way to go about working on a roof./emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back