Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water fed pole pump trolley & control box project complete

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi Austin

Thanks for the  reply mate.

I'm not getting any voltage on the pump side of the flow controller, but getting 12 plus on the input side of  it so there's power to it but not out, the led is turned right up till 100. Can the flow controller be by passed by joining the positive feed and output and negative cables up ?
Okay, so you have an open circuit on the output side of the controller because the hypothetical (switch) the green flow controller start stop is open.

Can you isolate the connection from the flow controller green switch to the wireless relay and test the controller again just as it was new

Okay, so you have an open circuit on the output side of the controller because the hypothetical (switch) the green flow controller start stop is open.

Can you isolate the connection from the flow controller green switch to the wireless relay and test the controller again just as it was new
Hi

This is beyond my know how unfortunately mate sorry.

I can see there are 2 wires to that switch, red and black ?

I also see 3 lives and a neutral to the wireless relay.

As for isolating the connection well that's where i fail to comprehend  :(

It would save loads of your time if i try bypassing it I think ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

This is beyond my know how unfortunately mate sorry.

I can see there are 2 wires to that switch, red and black ?

I also see 3 lives and a neutral to the wireless relay.

As for isolating the connection well that's where i fail to comprehend  :(

It would save loads of your time if i try bypassing it I think ?
All you need to do is to remove the two additional wires you have added from what is the push button on the flow controller to the wireless relay switch 

All you need to do is to remove the two additional wires you have added from what is the push button on the flow controller to the wireless relay switch 
So what you're saying if I've understood correctly

Remove the 2 wires (neg / pos) from the input side of the flow controller and relay and wire the pump into the wireless relay instead ?

Apologies if incorrect mate

So what you're saying if I've understood correctly

Remove the 2 wires (neg / pos) from the input side of the flow controller and relay and wire the pump into the wireless relay instead ?

Apologies if incorrect mate
no haha completely incorrect. All I'm asking for you to do is to illuminate the potential for a fault with the flow controller by just testing the controller and pump. Consider the wireless relay as not connected at all.

Just trying to walk you through a fault diagnosis and we can progress further after that 

Hahaha sorry but I'm not the sharpest tool in the box.

So the 2x wires that go to the green switch ? Remove them  and do what ?

I did say it would be easier all round if we bypass the flow controller all together mate ???

Hahaha sorry but I'm not the sharpest tool in the box.

So the 2x wires that go to the green switch ? Remove them  and do what ?

I did say it would be easier all round if we bypass the flow controller all together mate ???
All of the steps I've put in the very recent replies to you. Without a flow controller you are running flat out and the battery won't last as long 

Yes I agree I am thinking of buying the warrior one on eBay as I don’t  have the time to source all the bits and build it myself , it’s ideal for  soft washing just line the barrels up and change the pick up tube from one to the next , easier than the back pack .
Austin. Could the system be used like this? I can't have a tank in my van as i use it for other things, So wondered if i could have it set up where i have multiple 25lts barrels like i do at the moment with my Gardiner backpack, But have a system that i could just leave in the van. So the pump would need to be able cope with 50mtr length hose, then i just put the feed hose in each barrel

Would that be possible? maybe also incorporate a better remote control system like the One Shot on/off 

Austin. Could the system be used like this? I can't have a tank in my van as i use it for other things, So wondered if i could have it set up where i have multiple 25lts barrels like i do at the moment with my Gardiner backpack, But have a system that i could just leave in the van. So the pump would need to be able cope with 50mtr length hose, then i just put the feed hose in each barrel

Would that be possible? maybe also incorporate a better remote control system like the One Shot on/off 
I would avoid the warrior warlord I have got two absolutely useless battery lasts 2 hours if you are lucky , and the guy that makes them glues the batteries in with siccafkex it the plywood internal frame so you cannot remove it without destroying the casing , the batteries test ok but don’t last , the switch on off switch has gone on bother of them , I think cheap components have been used , I have contacted him but he’s just full of excuses claiming the batteries arnt being charged right . I have now bought a pure freedom nano trolly this is an awesome thing and will run fir a couple of days without charge and is much better components ,yes it’s expensive but when using it to earn your living well worth the expense .

I would avoid the warrior warlord I have got two absolutely useless battery lasts 2 hours if you are lucky , and the guy that makes them glues the batteries in with siccafkex it the plywood internal frame so you cannot remove it without destroying the casing , the batteries test ok but don’t last , the switch on off switch has gone on bother of them , I think cheap components have been used , I have contacted him but he’s just full of excuses claiming the batteries arnt being charged right . I have now bought a pure freedom nano trolly this is an awesome thing and will run fir a couple of days without charge and is much better components ,yes it’s expensive but when using it to earn your living well worth the expense .
Fair enough, i'll avoid! I was wondering if Austin's setup could be used like you described, have multiple barrels in the van, then just put the feed in each one, But maybe would need a more powerful pump to use it like a tank system.

Fair enough, i'll avoid! I was wondering if Austin's setup could be used like you described, have multiple barrels in the van, then just put the feed in each one, But maybe would need a more powerful pump to use it like a tank system.
Yes it can but Austin’s is built with better components 

You don't even need to be as fancy and professional looking as mine.

All you need is an ultra Robust steel sack truck.

A large enough enclosure (box) to hold 12v 12aH battery and on off switch and DA Components mini flow controller along with a pump

In all all you need to build a water tight control box and clip it onto a sack truck 

You don't even need to be as fancy and professional looking as mine.

All you need is an ultra Robust steel sack truck.

A large enough enclosure (box) to hold 12v 12aH battery and on off switch and DA Components mini flow controller along with a pump

In all all you need to build a water tight control box and clip it onto a sack truck 
That simplifies things when you say it like that? I don't need a sack truck as it will live in the van most of the time

I've ordered a One shot standalone remote controller also for better range than the Emylo i have in the Gardiner

Latest Posts

Back