Water fed pole, scratched glass!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Jason Pitt, Sep 28, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jason Pitt

Jason Pitt Jason Pitt

hi. I noticed that there was the odd scratch here and there on some windows that I have cleaned unsure weather they where there already or done by the pole. I rang up the supplier and spoke to them about this problem. They said that it's impossible for there bush heads to scratch glass, and that I have been doing everything right with the pole when It comes to cleaning the brush heads. I sock them every day in pure water over night to make sure there clean for my next day's work, and also clean them with washing up liquid once a week with hot water. After talking to them feeling better with them saying that it is impossible to scratch the glass with there poles. I went out to clean a house, I noticed when I was finished that one of the Windows very badly scratched and you can see in the picture below. They are at the top and come down 7 inches then stop all in a line, then some going across the glass from the window being rinsed. (supplier said keep brush on glass when doing the rinse). They where not there befor I'm very sure as I've been doing them 7 mouths now. I am now in contact with the suppliers again. Has any one ever had this problem, I know the bush it's self can't scratch the glass but can the dirt on it scratch the glass? And if so what can I do to stop this. I am now paranoid that this can happen again and I'm really starting to think that water fed pole is not such a grate idea. What do people think any help please?

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Grand Master

It could be a stone etc,

Or you could be hitting the jets on the glass when pushing hard - but that's unlikely unless there protruding too far out... Have a look at the brush and see if that's possible, just push it on a hard surface and see,

What brush you using?

3. Jason Pitt

Jason Pitt Jason Pitt

It's an ionic bush so should be good I think I haven't been pushing it on the glass though and they where not to dirty really. I came home and used it on our windows at home and it was fine. I have been using it for ages not really any problem but the scratches that i noticed today where very bad.

4. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Might not have been you then mate,

Or if it was, then it's a freak accident, and it could only be a stone or something that did it...

I wouldn't worry, it's almost never happens to window cleaners, you never hear of it happening on here etc, so probably just one of those freak things - that is to say if it was actually you in the first place...

5. Jason Pitt

Jason Pitt Jason Pitt

well that's what I'm hoping just paranoid now that it was me. Don't want to lose my business over a scratched window. People gossip... I'm always so careful making sure there clean so I can't see how it could be me. Just don't want to make a clam on insurance really. Thanks Jack

6. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

I get paranoid all the time cleaning windows, its a occupation hazard, sometimes I don't trust wfp, when you walk away n hope it drys ok:hey:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Jake

Jake Grand Master

That's ok 'Jonathan' :rofl:

Yeah don't worry mate, I'm sure you would have noticed the scratching as you were cleaning the window if it were you...

Is it a downstairs window?

8. Jason Pitt

Jason Pitt Jason Pitt

Yes there down stairs Windows. Well I didn't see them befor then after it had dryed I could see them from meters away. Haven't said anything to them just hoping they don't call me about it. Ionic brushes are good brushes right??

9. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Never used them, there not that popular, but that's more to do with the fact that the forums are nearly always Gardiner/facelift/xline users... So it tends to stay that way,

But yeah if they were downstairs then I'd be very surprised if you didn't hear, see, or feel the scratching, so I'd say it's almost 100% not you mate

10. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

have u get moved the brusg away or angled it to clean the side of a window and the plastic has touched the glass ??

i done this a while back on sash window turned brush upsode down to clean under the window and whole way along the pane had to replace it fcuk

Advertisement