Water fed pole stuck together

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Guybrush, Jan 24, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Guybrush

Guybrush Active Member

Hi guys n gals,

Made a massive school boy error. Took my slx-22 apart to clean it out and change the stop tape, before I used electrical tape worked fine but didn't have any so used masking tape but bound the sections 3 times as the masking tape is thinner. Forced the poles together and now they are completely stuck no budging at all.

Has anyone got any idea of how to get the sections out? been trying all day and managed to get one section out but now i've given up. Cant believe i've destroyed a pole with masking tape.

Advertisement
  2. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I would put it in the bath, warm water. Soak it well and I would expect the tape will let go and break up. Good Luck.

3. Guybrush

Guybrush Active Member

First thing I done

4. mark

mark Forum Addict

take off the levers completely on each section.use an alan key were the lever sits & prize open the clamp.(theres a vid on gardiners site for this)have you got any degreaser,ubik -or neat alcohol.you might have to buy a bottle of cheap vodka it will dissolve the tape.

5. Guybrush

Guybrush Active Member

Thanks Mark done that and currently its in a ubik bath.

6. Daftoldgit

Daftoldgit Member

I had to scrap 2 sections of my pole when it did that, completely stuck solid.
    although it wasn't due to masking tape, it was the original tape came loose.

Advertisement