Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Liquidator fail

WCF

Help Support WCF:

How do you feel about Moerman build quality

• Excellent, never had a problem

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Have had issues

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Had a Moerman Liquidator with FLI*Q for 5 days and the handle now wobbles/moves with the slightest of movements even when the screw is as tight as it will physically go. And I've already had to flip the rubber over because the front side is knackered too.

Anyone else had problems with these as the idea of it is brilliant and I love having only one tool but the build quality seems a bit, well **** to me and I'm now hoping WCW will exchange it for me. Disappointing.

Which handle? If its the swivel im guessing you mean the screw to stop it moving, if so it happened to mine, tbh they are a let down on robustness, love the feel tho so superglued it. Im holding out in the fliq until the excelerator come out

Which handle? If its the swivel im guessing you mean the screw to stop it moving, if so it happened to mine, tbh they are a let down on robustness, love the feel tho so superglued it. Im holding out in the fliq until the excelerator come out
Yeah the swivel. I don't like using it at an angle and on a pole the fliq is useless as it just falls down. Might have a look for a solid handle instead of trying to lock mine out. 5 days before breaking is shocking.

Yeah the swivel. I don't like using it at an angle and on a pole the fliq is useless as it just falls down. Might have a look for a solid handle instead of trying to lock mine out. 5 days before breaking is shocking.
Mine lasted about 8 weeks. The bi component handles good tho

The swivel on the black handle is a waste of time. I took the bolt out and epoxied it fixed. I also wanted a 25° handle so released the angle change and glued and epoxied it set at 25... My favourite fixed handle for 18" Liquidator. If you're using Fliq on a fixed handle then top mount it and use straight pulls. Yes rubber edges wear quicker depending on frames. Use Razer Red, Moerman Hard or Black Diamond hard. They all have better longevity. By the by this isn't just Liquidator. Ends wear quicker on any dog eared channel. If you want a pivoting squeegee with washer? Wait on Excelerator and Fliq. I've been testing for almost two months now and I love it...

View attachment 8560

The swivel on the black handle is a waste of time. I took the bolt out and epoxied it fixed. I also wanted a 25° handle so released the angle change and glued and epoxied it set at 25... My favourite fixed handle for 18" Liquidator. If you're using Fliq on a fixed handle then top mount it and use straight pulls. Yes rubber edges wear quicker depending on frames. Use Razer Red, Moerman Hard or Black Diamond hard. They all have better longevity. By the by this isn't just Liquidator. Ends wear quicker on any dog eared channel. If you want a pivoting squeegee with washer? Wait on Excelerator and Fliq. I've been testing for almost two months now and I love it...
I use razer red already so I've got another load of that coming this week so I'll stick that in it instead.

Tbh I didn't want a swivel head at all, just they bundled that with the liquidator and fliq so I didn't have a choice. I'll await their response and order a solid handle instead if I can then I shouldn't have any issues. Excellator does look awesome though so I'll keep an eye out when they release.

This is just the first time I've gone to Moerman and it's a bit disappointing for my first purchase to be poorly made.

I have had no issues with them since the liquidators were first released

One of my handles was a bit loose so i glued it as i don't use the swivel but apart from that all is fine

I am using 6 different sizes all in the swivel handles in my day to day work

Using razr red i won't change my rubber for at least 2 months as it lasts so long

I am using moerman soft at the moment but it still lasts ages as when my longest rubber wears it then goes in the next smaller channel i have and trim the ends and so on so i can use the same rubber on 6 channels before it is binned

The rubbers also seem to work better after a while as long as the ends are ok

The sharp edge becomes a bit blunter which seems to work better

Agree davey ,mine kind of juddered on edges when too sharp but is smoother after some use.

Liked the ettore pro grip for a nice weighed tool,but love the liquidator!

I can and used to mod my own channels the same but the liquidator just saves me the hassle

Back