Water fed poles enquires

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Vinny, Feb 9, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Vinny

Vinny Newcomer

Hello chaps my first bit of help/ advice I need is that I'm looking for a new brush head seen one on Internet called water genie flagged dual trim 27cm ,now I didn't no whether you can buy any brush head and fit into onto any pole or do they need to be the same brand?? My second bit of help does anyone struggle to reach the sills on some windows that have quite a large angle to them what would you guys recommend on how to reach them?

Advertisement
  2. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

Poles and brushes do not need to be the same brand but you do need to ensure that you have a suitable adapter if they are not. Deep sills are overcome by using a long angle adapter.

3. Keir999

Keir999 Active Member

You can use a long angle adapter or a Gooseneck to reach over deep sills.
    You can use other brushes but may have to unscrew from the stock. Otherwise buy the same brand which is less hassle

4. Vinny

Vinny Newcomer

Thanks for your help guys reason they different brands is that im trying to get to the summer before changing my pole but could do with a brush head as mine is the old school type which dont clean the sills all that great. Where does the gooseneck get attached theres seems a few different types also which one would you recommend?

5. spruce

spruce Grand Master

I use two standard plastic angle adapters joined together with a Gardiner's sill brush. New range coming out shortly.

6. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

same as spruce iv even had 3 screwed to gether but it does bend some i live in a costal town so lot of 3 storey 12 in deep sills

7. Keir999

Keir999 Active Member

Vinny, the gooseneck attatches same place as the angle adapter. Gardiners have a few different sizes in Carbon and Alloy. Carbon is lightest and strongest but obviously more expensive. I use gardiners usually. Good luck ...

8. Vinny

Vinny Newcomer

Thanks for that! Do u usually keep the gooseneck on at all times then or just for the windows with difficult sills does it affect the weight of the pole much?

9. Keir999

Keir999 Active Member

You can keep on at all times if you wish as its very light in carbon.

10. Vinny

Vinny Newcomer

Thanks mate are they expensive to buy?

Advertisement