Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shurflow Pre Filters Debate

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Andrew Carr

Hello. What is the correct way should the shurflow pre filters point ? i have a twin pump system and have fitted the filters with the plastic bowl pointing downwards, would this be the right way as if there was any chance of debri comming through the tank surely it would sit at the bottom of the filter gause.

I was told that they are fitted upside down. Could anyone clarify on this subject !!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Andrew Carr

Thank you Very much Mark M.

That clears up the issue, i thought that if fitted the other way any **** would go back into the pump and avoid the filter. Your Totaly Right I must have read the filter as looking at the shurflow filter the arrow shows the writing and flow as the right way to fit...and catch any debri that may occur.... Cheers i will let the person who told me that they were fitted the wrong to re look at his Ha...

Many thanks Andrew..

The clear plastic at the bottom, like you say, anything will fall into that and then when you unscrew it it will be in the right part that comes away ready for cleaning out.

i have the pumps fitted upside down with pressure switch at the bottom dont think it makes a difference to what way they go, only was considering the way the filters went.Andrew /emoticons/smile.png .
pressure switch should always go at the bottom, this will stop any possible water leaking into the electrics and motor and shorting the pump out!

i have the pumps fitted upside down with pressure switch at the bottom dont think it makes a difference to what way they go, only was considering the way the filters went.Andrew /emoticons/smile.png .
This is the way the Shurflo fitting instructions tell you to fit it - exactly as RC advises.
There are some strainers on the market that aren't secured by a wingnut design and just have a female thread. Those only fully tighten with the bowl upside down if you have the pump mounted the correct way.

If you have this problem then just change the filter bowl for the other type.

Back