Water from fish shops

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Hinty, Jan 19, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Noticed that a few members are buying their water from fish shops.

Bear in mind that the Aquatic R.O. systems do not always have a DI stage, so the water may not be zero tds.

Bearing in mind that even a well maintained RO system can vary between 5 and 15 tds before the DI, and higher if the water pressure drops, or the filters need changing it is worth testing it for yourself before use, or using a DI filter before you use it.

Have seen these small DI filters that may not last long but can be refilled, and are nice and small to fit on a trolley somewhere. (In a van it is easier to use a bigger DI pressure vessel).

http://www.ro-man.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=110

Dave

Advertisement
  2. chip

chip Guru

i thought you meant chippy's at first! would'nt fancy cleaning with brine.
    untill i came on this forum i had no idea people bought their water, for me it'd be to much hassle going there and filling up. most folk say you can clean safely up to 10ppm, but i like to keep it below 3, but i've heard of it being used at 20+ ! probably depends on the glass?

3. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

I buy my water either from a large commercial cleaners locally £1.50 per 25l or if I need it in a hurry, an aquatics centre locally to me for £2.50. Never had to run it through DI as yet and no complaints of streaking so must just be a localised issue

4. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I never thought of this either, for me its much less hassle to produce my own when needed but i can see why it might be helpful to some.

5. tom cronin

tom cronin Guest

I thought it was under 40tds and it's fine? But I dunno, I just buy it from some geezer up the rd lol

6. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I have used mine between 25-50 with out realizing as had not checked water for a while and never had a problem or complaints. I do however try to keep it below 10.

7. mr shine

mr shine Guru

no offence lads i wouldnt buy water when 1 bag of tulsion resin costing 75 quid does me for 1 year if you calculate what water is costing possibly 2k a year thats a lot of dead money

Advertisement