Water Genie Backpack / Trolley

Discussion in 'Tutorials & DIY' started by Green Pro Clean Ltd, Oct 23, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Ok, so as most know I run a full van set up but I still have a few tricky alleys etc that hauling the hose down can be a pain in the butt so I have just ordered a Water Genie Trolley / Backpack.

This is the setup in it's trolley mode
    [​IMG]

As you see here simply loosen off the two large screws here and you are in backpack mode.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It comes with a sprayer lance attached but I have removed this and added a quick release with inline tap so it will now 'quick connect' to all my poles.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The control set up here has the fuse, on / off switch. charger port and above that a variable flow controller.
    [​IMG]

Opposite side to the controls has a voltage meter so you know how much power you have left for the day.
    [​IMG]

The sales rep tells me that you can get six hours use from a single charge. We shall see. Tomorrow if I can get my mate to assist for 5 mins I will do a quick Youtube demonstration for you.

If you're interested I got mine from The Cleaning Warehouse in Wolverhampton. (Ask for Adam, I like to make him work) http://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/new--water-genie-backpacktrolley-5616-p.asp

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

You'll be surprised how long the batteries last
    My one came from a kobold pump and battery in a box that said 10 25l drums for 1 charge
    Forgot to charge it a couple of times and easily done 2 whole days with no issues and the led's were still in the green

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

It looks good Darren but if you are only using for backs etc a gardiners is only 6 quid more and has a built in handle so half full can be carried easily enough
    It's a good looking one and the trolley idea is good but my preference is the gardiners
    Let us know how you get on with it as i may get one as a backup for my diy trolley
    It would be a good idea for you Adams0211

4. Underdog

Underdog Member

im so torn on what backpack to get.i like this one, but the reccomendations of the gardiner is hard to ignore but has no wheels. then its the £85 kobola one on ebay.

i cant make my mind up but look forward to a vid in action

5. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I bet £20 they are all made in the same district of China, probably in the same factory.

Gardiners are good, but can I say that The Cleaning Warehouse (Water Genie) have excellent customer service so I have no issues buying their product.

Also why would I pay more for one without the ability to be both a trolley or a backpack?

6. Underdog

Underdog Member

watch the gardinners vid and its stamped kobbola on bottom and ebay one is branded kobola. think the wcw big boy is too

7. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

I've used one of the yellow kobold back packs for about a year now and been spot on.

8. Underdog

Underdog Member

is it the ebay £85 one with wheels. im leaning to this one

9. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Probably it's yellow with handle and wheels.

10. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

I'm still leaning towards the Gardiners one mate. I reckon a gardiners one on a half decent sack barrow will be better suited to someone using it all day. I think these water genies would be fine as a back up or for the odd window or house with tricky access but they don't look like they'd stand up to to heavy day to day use.

Advertisement