Water on/off switch on pole

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Decker, Feb 22, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Decker

Decker Newcomer

Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a good tool that stops the water when you have finished a window with the pole??
    Losing too much water at the mo.

Cheers..Decker

Advertisement
  2. Shine Window Cleaning

Shine Window Cleaning Well-Known Member

Hello mate. I use a simple hose-tap on my hose- I simply hold the hose in my pole hand and turn off in-between windows. Cheap, quick fix- saves lots of water and available from any WFP supplier around £5ish.

If you wanted something a bit more 'snazzy' your looking at a Aquadapter- you simply tug the pole hose to turn on/off. People have mixed reviews of these however, and they are more costly to buy at £30ish and require fitting.....

3. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

Gardiner Flow Valve taped to the pole for me :)

4. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

sounds like good idea rice
    i have mine on the hose tail at moment still pain in the xxxx tryed it top of pole might tape it to pole

5. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I loved my aquadapter although more expensive that a simple tap I loved it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I run the pole hose externally now and just pinch the hose which works well for me.
    Might still try foggys new aquatap though as can be used which ever way the pole hose is configured to see if it's anygood as I got fedup with keep tugging me hose :D

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Just like to point out that foggys aquatap has had mixed reviews too. The main one being the water turns off when you don't want it to as comes greased up so is too loose for some. Apparently foggy has said you have to take it apart to remove the grease they used to make it easier to assemble or fit oversize o rings to titghten it up. Either way seems a bit of a pain in the **** to me.

8. Tattooed window cleaner

Tattooed window cleaner Active Member

Aquadaptor,only been on WFP since oct n so cheesed off with tap near hosetail
    Personal preference tho

9. mufcglen

mufcglen Well-Known Member

been using a remote in the pocket for my trolley,thinking about either that in the van system or the little tap in the line.
    dont fancy the aqua's, heard the tap can turn itself off if you dont use it right on lower windows and the aquadaptor heard people have snapped springs or something inside, seems like theres more to go wrong while your working away?

10. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Advertisement