Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sill Brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Viggers

Hi, I'm thinking of going over to a sill brush as a friend reckons they do a better job, cover more of the glass quicker and get a better all round clean. I currently use the supreme from gardiners and have also got the xline rinse bar rectangular brush. Am I going to regret swopping over or do a lot of you use sill brushes at the moment TIA.

Some guys love the sill brush for everything and i can see why but personally i like my 35cm ultimate more

If you do a lot of sash windows then the sill brush is essential

Viggers. I use a supreme at the moment. Good contact and I can rinse on the glass. At 200g is not bad.

How do you like the xline with rinse bar? I was thinking about trying one, even though they are megga £

My friend used sill brushes all the time. They look big and bulky to me

I bought one and though it's good for FSG cleans I can't get on with it at all for cleaning windows. It's probably the type of windows most of my customers have. It just doesn't suit. The Ultimates have proved to be the best for me by far. The only way you'll know if they are any good for you is to try one and see how you get on.

I do like the xline rinse bar and obviously speeds up the rinsing, just turn the trolley up a couple of notches but because its faster rinsing you don't use much extra water, but I do keep going back to the supreme black soft or the supreme medium mixed, I know the sill brush will be heavier but may give it a go, xline sell they along with gardiner. However I wont be going for the vikan brick from yester year.

I used the ultimate range nice a light my favourite brush for windows, saying that I really like the flock sill brush but too heavy, I used one today for about 40minutes cleaning gutters,facials and soffits perfect brush for them jobs.

The 35cm is massive for domestic. I bet you can do 1 window with 1 sloop lol. I wouldn't want the extra weight
It's not that heavy really. I was using mine on a 39 slx last week on 3 story flats with no issues.. i do use a swivel with it though to get in corners and awkward angles etc

I don't need to rinse either as the 4 jets rinse as i give a quick side to side swipe as i go downwards on the last scrub

Last edited by a moderator:
After I got the 2 brushes with 4 jets 8 in total as I run a 2 man setup with 1 pump. The 1 pump wasn't good enough for 8 jets. So I got 2 new jumps with controllers. So now they work lovely. We run the pumps on 37. You might think your use more water but in fact we use less.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back