Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wat A Plonker !

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

left me tds meater in bk of van with my box of bits water has sloshed in ther frm trad bucket in soaked everything had my tds meater on rad all nte an its still not wrking grrrrr that will tech me, the lessen lurnd buy a bucket with a lid :Image8:

Not sure if this would help but it worked for me once when I got one soaked.

I took the lid off including battery and used a hair dryer to dry out the inside. It took a few mins to do but the tds meter to my suprise did work again after me doing that.

i did strip it down an take battory out clean it but not shore how long its bin submureged lol juging by the colure of the rusty battorys ide say a fair few days im guna try take the cirket board out an have a look

If any consolation I had a bit of a mishap today too.

What happened was I was connecting my pole hose to a wall mounted hose reel then turned the water on slightly. Next thing the pole hose connector shot off so I got drenched down one side. I did not think much more about it apart from a few choice words and carried on working. It was only when I packed up the gear I realised not only the water drenched my leg but somehow got into the left hand side pocket on my hi-vise work jacket. My Camera & phone was soaked....Oh dear me. :Image3:

as smurf would say {indeed} :Image13:

If any consolation I had a bit of a mishap today too.

What happened was I was connecting my pole hose to a wall mounted hose reel then turned the water on slightly. Next thing the pole hose connector shot off so I got drenched down one side. I did not think much more about it apart from a few choice words and carried on working. It was only when I packed up the gear I realised not only the water drenched my leg but somehow got into the left hand side pocket on my hi-vise work jacket. My Camera & phone was soaked....Oh dear me. :Image3:
oops thats not gog m8 cold wet leg an a soaked fone an camra do they still wrk ?? :Image4:

Camera seems ok thank god but phone was not working so I stripped it down (took front & back covers off) and dried what I could with a hair dryer. To my suprise It only started to work again but to be honest was not that bothered if it didn't work aftwards as was just and old pay as you go chepo tesco one.

Camera seems ok thank god but phone was not working so I stripped it down (took front & back covers off) and dried what I could with a hair dryer. To my suprise It only started to work again but to be honest was not that bothered if it didn't work aftwards as was just and old pay as you go chepo tesco one.
at least the camras all rite minus a wet leg brrrr cold to day u must of bin freezing

Yep my camera seems bulit proof. It had been raining on and off all day but sods law it was dry on that job so I took my waterproof over trousers off. I was a bit cold to say the least.

If you get a phone wet you can try putting it in a poly bag with some dry rice.

Hairdyer May just cause the water to condensate.

Might work with yer tds you never know..

If you get a phone wet you can try putting it in a poly bag with some dry rice.

Hairdyer May just cause the water to condensate.

Might work with yer tds you never know..
ill try the dry rice m8 meny thanks

Latest Posts

Back