Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Going back to school!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Kenny Q

Hi guys. I have an opportunity to clean a couple of schools. I can find out the current cost to the school from the current window cleaning company and price from there. The schools are not happy with their current arrangement due to poor quality of work. Are schools worth the hassle?

I was thinking more of access etc. I guess you'd clean them when the bin lids weren't there. If the price wasn't right then I wouldn't do it.

Hi guys. I have an opportunity to clean a couple of schools. I can find out the current cost to the school from the current window cleaning company and price from there. The schools are not happy with their current arrangement due to poor quality of work. Are schools worth the hassle?
Yes

We do lots, usually 4 times a year.  Payment is prompt if the schools have control of their own finances - check first.  Always done in the holidays, pre-book via the caretaker to ensure access. 

For me personally schools are not werth it.

They have little money left for window cleaning the budgets are constantly being cut meaning they shop around every year.

The ones I looked at only wanted it cleaned once or twice a year and the glass resembled a builders clean with all the mess from the kids.

The final thing for me was in April this year I priced a school and the caretaker openly asked for a back hander.

i clean one which is private and have had it for a good few years other than that I have stopped quoting them.

As above the good schools are few and far between I have two which I have had over 10 years which are good earners and one which is on its second clean of the year in 2 weeks time, But we will see how it goes in the future. 

But if they are genuinely bothered about the quality of finish and ensuring wanting the windows to be cleaned as often as possible within their budget then they might be good ones only time will tell if you get them, Just don't under estimate the work that can be involved and price well.

Back