Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water reading 007

ive always changed about 12 with no problems but just for the crack im going outside to do my house with tap water - 36ppm, its minging so it'll be like a first clean - i'll let you know the results later

well thats done but its getting dark so i cant really tell, ill know tomorrow prob, but the power was awsome, i only use a backpack & ive never seen a surflo pump at work so i dont know how strong their jet is but straight from the tap just hammered the frames clean -

i've cleaned the french doors on my garage (don't ask) with 200 ppm tapwater and only got spots round the edges where it beads, but the part that sheets-spotless! but on my patio door which totally beads it was a shambles. make of that what you will, no one seemed to care in the vip lounge /emoticons/smile.png

my backpacks 70 psi & i use it on the slowest speed - it has 3 - i was always told glass that beads needs more rinsing than glass that sheets, but to be honest im starting to think its getting the frames clean thats the key to fast & good cleaning

there's a few variables, but largely i agree with you, what you can get away with, ie do quicker depends on the quality of the glass and the cleaness of the top frame, if you happen to catch it

well ive started using a flat trim sill brush & its much stiffer than the medium dual trim i was using so it cleans the whole frame well & quickly & ive noticed im spending a lot less time on the glass itself as i know the frames are clean so wont drip - i do the full frame not just tops

yes, i was just saying top frame with reference to dirt dripping down glass, not an issue with sides so does'nt need any kind of attention to detail

shaun 1977 i think they're the dogs b's, i think its the only brush i need - i did the van with it today & its great. they're good for difficult corners & very light as well & those finials on top of conservatories

chip - i said that cos i splash everything the way i work (clumsy) so i need it all clean

working with a ppm of 36 well my windows weren't bad at all, i wouldn't work at that ppm, but i suppose if i was stuck it would be ok -

007 should be ok,

What you have to be careful with is if the TDS is over 000 for any length of time and exposed to sunlight you can start to grow the green algae in your water containers or tank if they are opaque or clear.

Richard

Back