Water Saving

Discussion in 'Tutorials & DIY' started by uribra, Jun 26, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

?

Is water saving important for you while you work?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. uribra

uribra Our new service cleaning shops window...

Greetings to you all! I'm new to the forum, and after reading a few threads here I am very interested to learn more about other people's ways to save water while working in the window cleaning business. I believe it is very important, and I'd love to hear your thought on the matter. Hope to hear from all of you!!! :)

uri bracha
    cleaning windows while abseiling
    www.windows-cleaning-abseiling.com
    ניקוי חלונות בגובה

[hr]
    Come On Guys & Gals!!! I see some of you were reading my post. How about some thought on the matter? :p

Advertisement
  2. nearlyclean

Supplier

I live in the North west of England and even though it rains a lot water saving is still a high priority and the less the water you use daily the less you have to transport less resin to make pure water and in the long run it will save you money and give you a sense of well being :p

3. uribra

Thanks for the input, nearclear :p nice to know water saving is a priority for you as well :)

4. cleaners

cleaners Guest

When washing dishes by hand, don't let the water run while rinsing. Fill one sink with wash water and the other with rinse water.
    Some refrigerators, air conditioners and ice-makers are cooled with wasted flows of water. Consider upgrading with air-cooled appliances for significant water savings.

5. uribra

Those are some good ideas, Cleaners, Thanks! but I was actually thinking more in the way of idea's about how to save water while window cleaning.
    All the best!

6. nearlyclean

Supplier

I have few water butts connected to my gutters on the roof and collect rain water which would otherwise go down the drain,I harvest this water and pump it through my DI vessel to make pure water,I probably save about 400L a week which I would take out of the tap.In Britain we sometimes take water for granted but with the rise in population water is becoming more valuable

7. uribra

400L, that's not bad. thanks for the input, nearclean!

8. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

I too feel it is important to conserve water.

As I work out of a car I don't have the space for too much , so every bit counts.

I use an aqua-dapter to save waste while working, and keep the flow controller down - to give me 1.4L per minute from the brush.

I always shut off when moving between windows.

If I set my flow controller to give me less water, I find it takes me longer to get a proper rinse & I end up using the same amount, or sometimes even more.

If I have a conservatory roof, I may use 25L of tap water from the customer's outside tap, and just use pure to finish off - which saves 25L of waste water at home.

While talking about waste water, I use that to water the garden, and keep the pond topped up.

9. uribra

Hi again, FlipFast!
    Glad to read you have water saving on your mind!
    Where are you from, if I may ask?

10. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Hi Uri,

Originally from Witney near Oxford, but moved 4 years ago to
    Staines, London

Advertisement