Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Round management - (pen and paper style)

Not impressed with George. Unless I am being a fool, there appears to be no way of moving the whole round forward a few days if you have been off sick or had wet weather. Therefore the days missed will show as overdue and there is no way of catching up.
Frustrating
Yeah George isn't that great when I tried it, seemed really old fashioned and out of date and not intuitive at all.

Sounds good Shazzy. The one thing I don't like about George is when you drag a job over to another day and it doesn't stay in the order of jobs of where you dragged it. You can set your order of jobs up, but it's a ball ache.
each morning i arrange,write the order of the jobs on a paper slip thats fixed to centre of van dash. as we work thru them one of my workers colours over each address using a marker pen. a glance at this list tells them if its going to be a real sh/tey day or not . occasionally i will add a few fake addresses on this slip and then suddenly reveal about 3 oclock im not goin to bother with those few for now -im the hero all of a sudden!

So who checks the checker? /emoticons/biggrin.png

each morning i arrange,write the order of the jobs on a paper slip thats fixed to centre of van dash. as we work thru them one of my workers colours over each address using a marker pen. a glance at this list tells them if its going to be a real sh/tey day or not . occasionally i will add a few fake addresses on this slip and then suddenly reveal about 3 oclock im not goin to bother with those few for now -im the hero all of a sudden!

Thanks for the positive feedback Tom - really pleased Cleaner Planner is working well for you so far, as always any further questions just give me a shout /emoticons/smile.png

I tried cleaner planner, but found it difficult to see who owed me money, who had and hadn't paid etc, probably my failure but just didn't find that part of it intuitive, also found it difficult to quickly look up peoples phone numbers as well.
Hi Diwrnach - I'd be more than happy to give you some pointers via email or phone if you're still keen to get up and running on the trial? Did we import your jobs from another software? Don't think so as the name doesn't ring a bell and I get in touch with everyone who signs up personally /emoticons/smile.png Feel free to pop me a PM or email [email protected] if you'd like a hand.

Not impressed with George. Unless I am being a fool, there appears to be no way of moving the whole round forward a few days if you have been off sick or had wet weather. Therefore the days missed will show as overdue and there is no way of catching up.
Frustrating
Did you figure out how to do this in George? May well be a way, it does a lot of things right. For sake of comparison on Cleaner Planner we have a "Shift Entire Schedule" button. Select the date when you're returning to work and it shifts everything forward.

Did you figure out how to do this in George? May well be a way, it does a lot of things right. For sake of comparison on Cleaner Planner we have a "Shift Entire Schedule" button. Select the date when you're returning to work and it shifts everything forward.
When you say shifts everything forward, do you mean every single job will be moved along by the amount of days that you choose? 'George' lacks this function. I did raise it with them and they said you can't shift it all along. I wanted to do this so it didn't look like I was behind after taking 2 weeks holiday.

What is the cost of Cleaner Planner?

Essentially yes. You would choose the date (from a calendar dropdown) that you want to be the new date that the first due job on your round is due. So e.g. if your next due job is on Mon 19 Jan and you shift your entire schedule to Mon 26 Jan this will push all your jobs back 7 days relative to their current due dates. So if a job is due Wed 21 Jan this will move to Wed 28 Jan. You can also choose whether you want to include currently overdue jobs or leave them where they are.

Details of packages, features and prices are on the website: www.cleanerplanner.com/pricing

Any further questions just give me a shout /emoticons/smile.png

P.S. I can import all your George customer and jobs in a matter of minutes if you want to have a play!

I like that you have a shift schedule button. George hasn't. I moved some by hand and will work the rest in. It will catch up in time. I have never used round software before so this is a learning curve for me in truth.

I like that you have a shift schedule button. George hasn't. I moved some by hand and will work the rest in. It will catch up in time. I have never used round software before so this is a learning curve for me in truth.
Like I said before, you have to remember to enter the date you did the job when you're behind. If you forget one or two it could bugger your round up.

Tuffers - replied to your other post above but it's "awaiting moderation" /emoticons/wink.png

So it's the same in CP, the job must be marked as done late (rather than on the original due date) to avoid the job being rescheduled too soon but... it does that automatically, both on the PC and mobile app, it always marks it as done on the day you click "Done" unless you opt otherwise (there's a setting that would make it work more like George, but I find most people prefer the next due to be based on when you actually did the job, especially if you did it late).

Tuffers - replied to your other post above but it's "awaiting moderation" /emoticons/wink.png
So it's the same in CP, the job must be marked as done late (rather than on the original due date) to avoid the job being rescheduled too soon but... it does that automatically, both on the PC and mobile app, it always marks it as done on the day you click "Done" unless you opt otherwise (there's a setting that would make it work more like George, but I find most people prefer the next due to be based on when you actually did the job, especially if you did it late).
Lost me with the moderation bit :confused:

Does your software work on a Mac/iPad?

It's saying my previous post is invisible for now I guess while Gavin checks it over!

Yes - Cleaner Planner works great on Mac + iPad, you'd use the website on the Mac to do all your office stuff, scheduling, invoicing etc, and then sync your worksheets across to the mobile app on the iPad for use out and about. Mobile app runs offline during the day so you don't need 3G, just download sheets in morning over WiFi and upload in evening. Works a bit like George + PDA.

It's saying my previous post is invisible for now I guess while Gavin checks it over!
Yes - Cleaner Planner works great on Mac + iPad, you'd use the website on the Mac to do all your office stuff, scheduling, invoicing etc, and then sync your worksheets across to the mobile app on the iPad for use out and about. Mobile app runs offline during the day so you don't need 3G, just download sheets in morning over WiFi and upload in evening. Works a bit like George + PDA.
Sweet :thumbsup:

Can you import all your schedules etc from George to Cleaner Planner. I'd like to give CP a go, but the thought of inputting all my data is :confused::eek::rofl:

Yep - I can import all your jobs, schedules, due dates, prices debt balances and notes. Can't import your detailed clean histories (George doesn't export them) but I can import your expenses. Simply sign up for the trial and pop your latest George backup across and I'll get this sorted for you. Either email it to me [email protected] or send it via the website contact form.

I used to do it on paper, and then bought a pc, but not the internet, and did it in a very primitive way as I knew nothing about computing. So I did a course at my local college for IT principles, word processing and spreadsheets in 2006. This certainly opened my eyes, and now I do all my stuff on Excel, which, if you understand 'copy and paste', and 'related cells', just makes it so simple. I sat down and set up my programme and entered all my information in 2006, and it has hardly changed since then, I can add and delete any customers and it automatically adjust the figures. All my work is broken down into small manageable rounds, each one fitting to an excel page. Once that info is in, the pc can be made to hold all sorts of information; such as the working value of each page, then totalled into the whole lot, and then will give me an up to date, and running, amount of how much I need to do each week to keep from falling behind. I don't like the idea of softwares that tell you how much you are behind, that's just negative. I think paying £100 a year and £10 a month, as someone mentioned, is not necessary. All this is managing your business, as the thread says, and people should take it seriously because it's what makes or breaks a business.

Well done rugby

I do all mine on excell as i got nvqs in excell word and access when i was out of work years ago

I have 1 speadsheet but 5 pages

1 customers

2 income

3 expenses

4 tax

5 monthly and yearly summary

All pages linked with formulas and when i enter a customer has been done or paid it alters everything

Also i have all my custys on access so i can keep all details seperate and can print letters individually addressed to custys if needed using word and access

Easy if you know how and more effective than a programme you can buy as tailored by me for my needs

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done rugbyI do all mine on excell as i got nvqs in excell word and access when i was out of work years ago

1 customers

2 income

3 expenses

4 tax

All pages linked with formulas and when i enter a customer has been done or paid it alters everything

Also i have all my custys on access so i can keep all details seperate and can print letters individually addressed to custys if needed using word and access

Easy if you know how and more effective than a programme you can buy as tailored by me for my needs
Absolutely right Daveyboy1, tailored to your own needs.

Well done rugbyI do all mine on excell as i got nvqs in excell word and access when i was out of work years ago

1 customers

2 income

3 expenses

4 tax

Do you have a template of this excel spreadsheet that you could possibly send at all please?

Back