Water Softener Advice

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by chilt69, Feb 10, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. chilt69

chilt69 Active Member

I recently started using a WFP with my work - which is mostly gutter cleaning with some window cleaning. As I only using around 300 - 400 litres a week, I have started with a dual DI set up (1 before tank, 1 before pole), with some pre-filters (carbon, sediment etc).

Whilst not the most cost effective, it is currently the easiest way with my parking situation & access to water/drains etc. Plus the DI's were free!

I've been offered a water softener vessel (for free), but I am unsure if its worthwhile.

My TDS is 230ish after the pre-filters, taken down to about 30 after the first DI. I know that the ion exchange resin in the softener will increase my TDS, but will the softened water be less harsh on my DI than the hard water that goes through it at present.

I tried researching online, but couldn't really come up with anything.

Any help gladly received!

Advertisement
  2. instrength

instrength Well-Known Member

My advise is if you are using so little find local window cleaner filtering and ask to buy from them.... Good luck :)

3. chip

chip Guru

If its free I don't see the issue. Get it. Try it. If it works well, great. If not, no biggy

4. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

same thing as the DI isn`t it? with salt to regenerate.. might be wrong never had to use one.

5. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

6. chilt69

chilt69 Active Member

I think thats probably the best thing I can do! I'll give it a whirl, if it works great, if not - well I still have it for when I get a RO.

Advertisement