Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

£5 Squeegee rack (and 2 hours on a Sunday)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Ok so I had a morning free thought I would tidy up the van.

One thing I didn't have a place for was all the squeegees, yo know the odd ones you only use on occasion so I made a storage system for them.

1: Length of plastic pipe (about £4 at B&Q)

2: Cut down to approx 1-2 inch pieces

If you wonder why the sizes vary it's cause I cut freehand I can't measure worth a toss.

3: Cut a slit in them and sand off the rough edges

4: Screw into required position for size of squeegee handle

This is only to hold the squeegees I only use occasionally, my regular 2 live in my BOAB

Ok so I had a morning free thought I would tidy up the van.
One thing I didn't have a place for was all the squeegees, yo know the odd ones you only use on occasion so I made a storage system for them.

1: Length of plastic pipe (about £4 at B&Q)

2: Cut down to approx 1-2 inch pieces

If you wonder why the sizes vary it's cause I cut freehand I can't measure worth a toss.

3: Cut a slit in them and sand off the rough edges

4: Screw into required position for size of squeegee handle

This is only to hold the squeegees I only use occasionally, my regular 2 live in my BOAB
very gd green very simple and easy

Good idea

I was thinking those plastic pipe clamps that paul used and screw them on to put the handles in but your idea is better i think as the handles can't jump out on bumps etc

I like these little storage ideas as my van is a mess, its driving me crazy. My problem is that I do too many trades so itsa bit difficult to give one tool or set of tools priority. But it would be great to have a few squeegees clipped to the side to keep the rubbers healthy. I've got a load of spring clips on the way from ebay as I am putting up a few of my most commonly used spare tools like hammer, stanley,tape measure, hacksaw on display in easy reach as it saves me going into my tool bag each time.

That's a good idea tolish

I have one of those drilled boards in the shed with my car tools in springclips and on hooks

Good to know where they are instantly rather than getting the tool boxes out

I like these little storage ideas as my van is a mess, its driving me crazy. My problem is that I do too many trades so itsa bit difficult to give one tool or set of tools priority. But it would be great to have a few squeegees clipped to the side to keep the rubbers healthy. I've got a load of spring clips on the way from ebay as I am putting up a few of my most commonly used spare tools like hammer, stanley,tape measure, hacksaw on display in easy reach as it saves me going into my tool bag each time.
Same with me tolish I do a lot of internal cleaning and carpets so I have arranged my van so that all my window cleaning stuff is at the back of the van and my other cleaning equipment is by the sliding door using up the other half of my van lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well my van is like a tip so what does that say about me /emoticons/biggrin.png

I can't post a pic of the back of my van, I keep it so darn tidy you'll think I never do any work! /emoticons/tongue.png

a while ago i saw a van where he had removed the plastic covers on the inside of the van rear doors and covered the opening with a cargo net that had cloths stuffed in it .

Lol how many squeegees have you got there ???? you must be like an octopus ????
1 x 18" splus standard erogtec 

1x 18" splus swivel ergotec 

1 x 14" splus ergotec 

1 x 8" splus ergotec 

1 x 22" splus ergotec 

Used to do alot of internal retail windows daily so different sizes made light work of ridiculous sized windows 

Lol how many squeegees have you got there ???? you must be like an octopus ????
Your just offended as they use cold water.. come on time to be honest 

#hotwaterlover 

Back