Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

gardiner reinforced pole hose as reel hose?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mufcglen

anyone used or using this as full reel hose and if so do you rate it?

need to replace my microbore and wondering what this stuff would be like, it has to be alot stronger than all season pole hose surely and not swell up after a month or two use!

@cheshire window cleaning ...........I have been using 30 metres of it on my Trolley for the last 3 weeks or so after a puncture on the all season pole hose.

On the plus side its a lot stronger than pole hose and it shouldn't swell up at all during hot weather (if we ever get any)

On the minus side, I find it a little more awkward to work with than pole hose. Doesn't glide off the reel as well and twists/kinks a little more.

If I didnt have 100 metres of microbore on the van reel I would stick 100 metres of this on though, as i think it would be up to the job.

Absolute pants . It is the worst hose ever in the history of hoses .i would rather go back to using ladders than having to use this hose again . Used it on a van mount for a day . I spent more time unkinking it , and It gets stuck in every little crack , impossible to work with . It was nearly a day lost . It swells up to the size of microbore . I drove to the shop in Leeds to replace it with microbore . After he had stopped laughing at me for buying it he said he's had a few custys tried it but never lasted long with it . It was so nice to get some new microbore back on . Do not waste your money , it is not fit for purpose . Unless you intend to use it to wrap round your feet every 5 seconds .

This was the gardiners reinforced pole hose I tried . Rash and Ian at the Leeds shop showed me something similar they had which is British made , but again didn't recommend it and said it was only slightly betters than the **** from gardiners . Stick to microbore . You can't beat it .

Absolute pants . It is the worst hose ever in the history of hoses .i would rather go back to using ladders than having to use this hose again . Used it on a van mount for a day . I spent more time unkinking it , and It gets stuck in every little crack , impossible to work with . It was nearly a day lost . It swells up to the size of microbore . I drove to the shop in Leeds to replace it with microbore . After he had stopped laughing at me for buying it he said he's had a few custys tried it but never lasted long with it . It was so nice to get some new microbore back on . Do not waste your money , it is not fit for purpose . Unless you intend to use it to wrap round your feet every 5 seconds .
Hi Elliot

We are always disappointed when a client does not get on with a particular product for their needs /emoticons/sad.png

However the clue with this product is in it's product title - it is for use as 'pole hose' and this is what it has been designed for. It was not designed as reel hose - despite some liking it as such /emoticons/wink.png

As pole hose we find it has become very popular with many users who like its low memory and soft formulation - I personally stick with the All-Season pole hose as it is lighter though.

Ideally Rashid & Ian should not have sold it to you if they knew you were using it on the reel - with its soft formulation and small ID it really is not ideal or suited to this purpose, but then it is not being sold by us as 'fit for this purpose' so we are OK with it /emoticons/smile.png

Also for reference all of our PVC hoses are also British made to extremely exacting standards.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does low memory mean . It remembers which leg to wrap around . Thanks for the input Alex , some like it some don't . I'm In the latter .

What does low memory mean . It remembers which leg to wrap around . Thanks for the input Alex , some like it some don't . I'm In the latter .
As I said some prefer it as pole hose which it is designed for. You don't like it as reel hose which is not a surprise as it isn't designed for this use.

I'm using the blue ATM, but I do kink the hose to stop the flow a lot, so it does wear quite quickly.

I had a delivery of the reinforced hose from Mr G today and on first looks it looks just the job to me. I reckon I'll be able to kink it and it will last :thumbsup:

It is very good with a univalve too

Hardly any stretch

Also i like it on a reel..

Back