Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Impressed with gardeners brush

seye

So went and got a Gardeners light brush today, cant believe how light it is compared to the vikan rectangle brush I have been using, will be using it Thurs should expect to get twice the work done now lol.

There are better brushes out there for that /emoticons/biggrin.png

So went and got a Gardeners light brush today, cant believe how light it is compared to the vikan rectangle brush I have been using, will be using it Thurs should expect to get twice the work done now lol.

X-line brushes are suppose to be top dog as well [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried this Tecbuk brush where the boars hair runs the length of the brush and is apparently now wider and lighter?
Wouldtober the boars hair effect rinsing on the glass?

http://www.tecbuk.com/products/maintenance-clean-hybrid-brush

I'm just looking for something with a bit more 'bite'
this is my favourite brush splays greaT on The glass great scrubing power

nice size and light give iT ago

had mine since october no sign of wear

Cheers Duncs,

You recommended me the SLX 22 back in November and that works a dream so I appreciate your advice. I only ask because I was about to buy one and then I noticed this one sitting in the bottom corner of the screen advertising it was lighter and bigger is this the one you bought Duncs? just wondering if theres much difference and why they have changed the design slightly.

I haven't used their new hybrid brush. But the older one (less boars hair) is very good and does give you a good scrub. As for rinsing on glass. The boars hair is shorter than the polyester bristles, so use a light touch, resting the red bristles on only, and you can rinse on glass.

Sorry to hijack this but can the tecbuk brush fit on to a Gardiners pole I have the slx35 with quick release for the brush head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Felt as if I flew through my work today with the gardiners brush. Thought bristle are a bit softer than the vikan brick I was used too, felt due to this took more scrubbing and water to get some bird cack off some of the windows but a small sacrifice still got finished allot quicker.

Cheers Duncs,
You recommended me the SLX 22 back in November and that works a dream so I appreciate your advice. I only ask because I was about to buy one and then I noticed this one sitting in the bottom corner of the screen advertising it was lighter and bigger is this the one you bought Duncs? just wondering if theres much difference and why they have changed the design slightly.
Cheers Duncs,
after using the brick brushes in the past went onto gardiners used them all great brushes

the super light ones really gd and so quick through the work

my personal choice now is the tecbuk

slx 22ft plus the tecbuk duncs favourite

why

slx 22ft so light covers 80% of my graft

tecbuk really hugs the glass and splays well scrubbing power the best i,ve used

most expensive brush i,ve bought and i,m a hungers mother!!!

so it must be gd

its that gd ordering another for my mate next week

I have the Tecbuk Hybrid on a swivel neck using an SLX-22. Good brush :thumbsup:. Used a Gardiners dual trim flocked for the last few jobs today and that's good too.

tuffers how often do you clean your pole ha haslx 22ft before you start, never cleaned mine yet must get it stripped down and cleaned
Not enough /emoticons/biggrin.png it's full of grit ATM. I must replace the tape on it at the weekend as I think it's been chewed up.

BEWARE the brush is light but I wore mine out after literally two months - I rang gardiners she said I had been pressing on too hard !!!!!!

I am sticking with the normal Gardiner brush now - or maybe I need to chill out a bit while scrubbing glass

BEWARE the brush is light but I wore mine out after literally two months - I rang gardiners she said I had been pressing on too hard !!!!!!I am sticking with the normal Gardiner brush now - or maybe I need to chill out a bit while scrubbing glass
that was my only problem with them great when you first use them so light

that was my only problem with them great when you first use them so light
Yes but I think they bit obsessed with everything being extremely mega super duper light - and forgetting it's meant to be a giant scrubbing brush at the end of the day - maybe it's good for weekly commercial use

Anyway there poles rule so I forgive

Yes but I think they bit obsessed with everything being extremely mega super duper light - and forgetting it's meant to be a giant scrubbing brush at the end of the day - maybe it's good for weekly commercial useAnyway there poles rule so I forgive
gd point there

your forgiven

Don't know that its the super lite, its the black brush and black bristle and compared to the vikan rectangle brush I've been using which is like a brick in your pole its excellent and even if it lasts a few months still worth it as I will get through more work in a day with it than before so it will pay for itself.

Back