Water Tank

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by JDMW, Mar 11, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. JDMW

JDMW Guru

just been getting quotes for a van and there pretty cheap but when i add water tank to the insurance it says ring them up. i rang a few companies up and they want an extra 100-190 quid just for a water tank. is this right?? i didnt think it would cost that much more.. so if i wanted to get warm water system id have to call them and say ello i got a gas bottle in the back for them to wack another 300 ontop.

Advertisement
  2. kevinc250

kevinc250 Well-Known Member

try a-plan ant,they saved me a few quid over my previous insurer and the water tank doesn't seem to bother them,most insurers don't seem to care about you carrying a gas bottle at all,mention you have a burner or water boiler installed and they should want to see the certificate to say its been installed and tested properly :huh: :huh:

3. JDMW

JDMW Guru

ill forget gas bottles then and just get an emersion heater, put it on a hr before i go out in winter or find another way to power the heater up. ( generator i have, plug it in maybe.

4. kevinc250

if you've not bought the heater yet theres no point in telling them yet ;)

5. JDMW

JDMW Guru

true, i did see a video on youtube where i bloke put a emersion heater in the tank and attached it to a caravan connector and heated his water that way with leccy. ill do that. saves the hassle of carrying gas etc. ive found the van i want, its an 02 peugeot expert, aviva gave me a good quote aswell and they said if i find another quote cheaper than theres they will match it which was pretty good. but that water thank price is a joke. whats the difference with tank or barrels, its still water.

6. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

with my gas water heater my insurance didnt go up by anything or they didnt really care that i had one in my van!

7. bluemoon

bluemoon Member

could also try adrian flux, they saved me bit money. Comparison sites for vans can never quote, they always say they phone you or you phone them!!!and tell them that water tank is fixed in position, as having the weight of a full tank not secured properly is lot more dangerous than barrells. good luck mate!

8. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

if you do fit the immersion heater, just make sure where you plug it in the house that the elecertic is upto carrying all the power that will be used, otherwise if its not up to standard then you could blow fuses or even worse over heat the wires and worst case could cause fire, being in the property maintenance trade for 15 years and did electrics etc you get to know these things, its not as simple as plug it into any socket due to the power it draws!

9. kevinc250

so true,my mate has a lets call it a static sarnie van,he has a mobile van for delivering sarnies and hot food etc,having a coffee the other day (he has got a vivaro thats been written off because his dad drove into a wall and knackered the side door(too expensive to repair) )anyway he went to dissconnect the batteries before they collected it for the salvage quote(its got four big big batteries to power the fridges and lights n stuff)all i heard was a bang and the side of the van was alight!-he'd arced his spanner to earth and melted both live and earth cables-took two extingushers to stop the flames-van well written off now!!!,be so carefull with electrics,its better to ask advice before you do it-worse case scenario if you get a immersion heater ant let someone work out the draw on it and advise size of cable and fuse etc

10. JDMW

JDMW Guru

nah kev ill keep my gennie inside the van and use that to power it. the gennie is 3000watts that should power it easy. its new aswell and unused lol

Advertisement