Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

would this work?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

joe34

I have have really hard water where I am it's 470 straight out of the tap.

I was thinking about buying another di vessel filling it up with the salt you use to soften water and run the water through it before it goes through filters ro and resin .

Would the salt soften it alot more before I put it through ? As the ro don't last much more than year where I am

At your water quality a softener is a good idea.

However a softener isn't actually what it appears. It isn't actually a softener. The water coming out the other end of the softener will still be 470ppm.

What the water softener does is to remove the calcium and magnesium ions in your water and replace them with sodium ions. Sodium ions are a lot less aggressive on r/o membranes than calcium and magnesium.

It is recommended to get a good automatic softener.

At your water quality a softener is a good idea.
However a softener isn't actually what it appears. It isn't actually a softener. The water coming out the other end of the softener will still be 470ppm.

What the water softener does is to remove the calcium and magnesium ions in your water and replace them with sodium ions. Sodium ions are a lot less aggressive on r/o membranes than calcium and magnesium.

It is recommended to get a good automatic softener.
Do you think it would make the ro last longer?

Back