Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conservatory cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Marc025

Hi guys, sorry if this has been asked. But how far do u go with cleaning a conservatory. I mean in maintenance whys, ie maintenance on a window is glass, frames and cills. What would you class as maintenance on a conservatory.

Many apologise if this sound daft..

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

I also clean the outside of the gutters as well as part of a regular conservatory clean. Cleaning the gutters finishes the job off and makes it look good.

-

Just the glass and the panels gutters get done when they want the roof doing

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app
We have a couple of cleaners locally that also leave the gutters. (When working trad we always just did glass, panels and sills.) I just don't think it looks finished off. It only takes a few moments to clean them.

My son doesn't think we should do them. He says leaving gutters will encourage our customers to have the CR cleaned more regularly. He has a point but we don't advertise CR cleans as I don't like doing them.

People walking past notice the standards you work to. We got a new customer about 2 years ago for fronts only. Then about a year ago I was working and 2 elderly ladies trundled past on the footpath. I overheard one say to the other that that lad does such a good job cleaning those windows. Pity that the garage door is still so dirty.

Now this garage door was an eyesore to me as well as it detracted from the effort I make cleaning the windows and walk in upvc entrance they have. The owner didn't want to pay for his garage door to be cleaned so I never did it. That day I took it upon myself to clean the dirt off the door and the fascia trim above it. What a difference. I learnt a lesson from that. It didn't take long to put the brush over it and made the whole job look good. I put it down to 'advertising'.

I haven't cleaned the door since but its getting due for being done again shortly.

-

People don't notice dirt and grime they become accustomed to it as they see it every day

It's our job to point it out and earn more £

I am wfp and i do run over the gutters on the connys as it does tie the whole thing up nicely.

On our leaflets we have a sort of 'price menu' and garage doors are on there ar £2 a pop we do loads every month. Customer payinf £20 plus already will have the attitude of 'it's just £2 and saves me a job'

I am doing a full UPVC restore on almost every first clean at present.. I have my ytaf belt on and when signing them up I ask 'do you want the frames cleaned or restored?

They inevitabily ask 'whats the difference?

I whip out a damp scourer and my bottle of Unger Rub Out and do a couple of inches of the nearest sill. The momemt they see the differece they almost always choose a PVC restore and I am typically £10 per frame for that. Biggest difference is I know that every time I come in future it will literally be a real quick whip round with the pole.

Back