Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Want to use eco friendly cleaning products but they just don't do the job

WCF

Help Support WCF:

G

Gazz K

Done 3 conservatories and filthy windows all week this week. Have used ecover and vinegar mix because I wanted to use eco friendly cleaners. However, I don't think the eco stuff is up to the job. Takes too much time and effort to get everything clean, especially finials on conservatories.

Got the advice of Ecover and vinegar as safe powerful cleaning mix on this forum. But, as I said its doesn't do the job on heavy dirt

Are there any other eco cleaners I could try? Vinegar doesn't make too much difference to the effectiveness of Ecover. Maybe I'm just not adding enough to the mix

Any suggestion gratefully received

Ubik 2000 is drain safe. I use on all conny jobs at 10 or 20 to 1
How long can UBIK sit for? and how long do you usually let it sit for?

Had some for ages and never used it, but going to on Monday.

why do you want to use eco friendly products?
wallet > environment :whistle:
Its not really about the environment, its more about safety. I intend to get a stage of employing people and I would worry about them spraying these chemicals about. The tendency of UBIK to mark glass if left to dry concerns me aswell. Its got to be a nightmare to use on a really hot day and you get distracted by a phone call or something else and it dries

Ubik marking glass is a myth IMO, I have never seen it happen on ANY type of glass and I use the stuff almost daily for 2 years.

I don't know how long it can sit for as I tend to spray it on then agitate after a min or two as that's all it takes.

Its not really about the environment, its more about safety. I intend to get a stage of employing people and I would worry about them spraying these chemicals about. The tendency of UBIK to mark glass if left to dry concerns me aswell. Its got to be a nightmare to use on a really hot day and you get distracted by a phone call or something else and it dries

ok, you said eco-friendly which means environmentally friendly or not harmful to the environment which doesnt necessarily mean not harmful to humans. Anyway best thing you can do is contact a cleaning chemical supplier and ask them what products they recommend and get the associates coshh sheets.

i would try asking chemspec,

Google Maps

I did a conny roof on Monday. I was wearing black rubber soled shoes. I had to stand on a couple of struts and the rubber left marks on them :confused:. No chemicals were used at all, just pure water.

Back