Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Keeping equipment from freezing?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

Is it just the pump we need to worry about.   Is it best to pump all the water out then wrap in a towel or something warm?   I moved my two pumps (one in trolley) into garage from van.  Is the garage warmer than van?     Is it ok to let leisure battery freeze?

Depends if the garage is heated or how well insulated it is i guess. I run off backpacks so luckily can bring them in the house. Part of the reason i never opted for a van system, if your fittings pumps etc end up freezing and getting damaged, you’ve a problem. Winter is winter, I cant escape it, but i try my best!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

i'm waiting on some delivery items so I can install a 3kw immersion in my tank this weekend.

The main benefit for me is it will basically become a 650ltr radiator in the back of the van overnight keeping frost off everything inside.

Then when work starts I will insulate tank and have hot/warm water for the day.

Could have done with that pressure washer, was using blackwash,which was hardly shifting muck on patio, ended up using my half-cooked karcher k4, only managed 2/3 of patio. Thanks christian:'(

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Think Jetmac has lowered the price on that one I sold, check it out! Hypo hardly works in cold weather as far as I've heard, that was probs part of your issues on that job yet talking about.

Get a propane night heater I installed one the other week and it's amazing back of van is lovely and toasty. Also have a splitter to the front in cab and it's lush getting back in van lol .

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Latest Posts

Back