Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New wfp system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nigel blake

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I have been window cleaning for about 27 years and I am about to take the plunge with a van mounted wfp system. I am thinking of using a xline- system. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this company ?

Nigel

Have you had a quote yet?

Tank: I got a 500L flat off eBay for just over £100

Battery: 110ah £66 eBay

Pump: 100psi 5.2LPM Shurflo £66 + postage Pure Freedom

Controller: £96 (expensive, but you get the idea) Pure Freedom

Hose and reel: £140 inc rectus 21 fittings Pure Freedom

Poles: Gardiners

D I vessel: If you live in a soft water area, all the better as you may get away with not having an R O £38 inc postage for an 11L eBay

Resin: £72 inc p&p for 25L Grippatank

TDS meter: £15 Amazon

A few bits of hose and stuff and you're ready to go, for about £600 plus a pole. It can be done cheaper if you hunt the deals down, but some food for thought.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The first item you need to buy is a TDS meter and read the TDS of your tap water. Once you do that then you will know if you can go DI only or have to buy an r/o.

You will always need that TDS meter. Buy one from a recognised WFP outlet. Some suppliers on Ebay sell cheap fake ones that you must stay away from.

So add a 300 GPD r/o and a second hand IBC tank that you can process water into. £178 for a 300 GPD r/o from Pure Freedom and an IBC tank can be picked up for around £50.00. In the worst case you will have to spent another £50.00 on transport.

I would recommend a heavy duty tank frame.

If you keep an eye open, there are sometimes some good secondhand tanks and frames on sale on ebay. I think 350 litres are the minimum size if your van will take it.

If you want a fully fitted van mount then best to shop around for thee best deal.

To be honest no matter which one you get they are all basicaly the same components used only difference some are so say crash tested.

Myself I went down the diy static setup route so all I have in the van is a basic tank setup with no ro/di

I went for a van mounted system from xline-systems, really pleased with the service. Starting with my first cleans this week. Does anyone have any tips for the transition from trad to wfp?

Does anyone have any tips for the transition from trad to wfp?
Don't rush, take your time, rinse, rinse and rinse. Make sure the frames are cleaned and rinsed before attempting the glass. Oh yeah, it's going to be a long month converting all your jobs in one go. Give it 3 months and you won't look back, believe me :thumbsup:

You could still squeegee the bottom windows (do it straight away while still very wet) & scrim the edges to be more confident that the windows that most customers look out of more are 100% fine, on second clean you can just scrim the edges then after that 100% wfp. Will also give your neck some respite which is going take about a month to adjust to.

Be prepared that some customers are just not going to like it, the few customers of mine that didn't either fired me or accepted a 50% price increase to continue trad cleaning.

Back