Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van mount self build

M

Matt Cook

Hi guys I'm in the throws of setting up and on the verge of buying an X-line 350ltr Di 1 man set up but have seen a few mention you can build your own at a fraction of the price, would you recommend this if so is there a guide or would you stick with X-line? Thanks in advance

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Have a good search on here, there's plenty of guides to follow. It's simple enough as you are after a di system.

Don't do it !!!! I was going to do the same and then came to my senses! All you need is a tank,pump with controller,leisure battery and charger, hose reel with 100 meters of hose and some wiring and connections. £500 will do it and it's not hard to put it all together! Good luck  :1f44d:

Don't do it !!!! I was going to do the same and then came to my senses! All you need is a tank,pump with controller,leisure battery and charger, hose reel with 100 meters of hose and some wiring and connections. £500 will do it and it's not hard to put it all together! Good luck /emoticons/1f44d.png

Just been reading up on it now it does look pretty simple and if anything breaks your gonna know how to fix it cos you built it.

I'm looking forward to it more now I get to build it.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

That's the spirit, what really put me off was hearing all their parts are cheap, it looks good but your paying through the nose for a fancy looking unit! Oh I also asked for a fast fill on the tank for filling a back pack, no bother they said,, £50 plus vat and it already had a outlet for draining on it!!! Jokers !!!! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back