Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Turbo nozzle appears to be knackered

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ben23

Evening all.

Had the gear out on a job today and went to use my turbo nozzle, fitted it all together as per usual and last time it worked a treat, this time for some reason it didn't seem to send water out at any sort of pressure, it was a really weak stream that was pretty much ineffective, thought it might have been an issue with the pump or lance but it works as normal with all my other nozzles and the FSC.

Really unusual as it had less force coming from it than the detergant nozzle has.

Has anyone run into a problem like this before? its one that came with my Loncin washer if that makes any difference

Cheers for any advice.

Ben

Maybe try squirting some penetrating oil or wd40 into it, something may have seized, or there may be a blockage so give it a whack and see if anything comes out..

Cheers, I'll give that a go although there was water coming out of it just at a really low pressure, going to get it out over the weekend and have a good look over some things as Im having some bother getting the machine to start reliably at the moment too....probarbly just teething problems as its all quite new (only second time its been used)

Turbo nozzles do wear out - the cheaper black ones wear much faster than the genuine PA ones which are blue or red and stamped PA ITALY /emoticons/smile.png

The ceramic discs inside can wear or stick and lock together which leaves you with a much lower pressure - loosing the ceramic tip nearest where the water comes out has that effect too. Worth having a play to free it up.

Ben

Also - new machine should start first time /emoticons/smile.png

Just had it out in the garden to check some things over and the turbo nozzle was working (typical now im back home!) the machine seems to be a bit temperamental as I got it going on about the third pull this time which was nice, and then it stated straight away after I switched it off and on again, seems to be dependent on having a certain amount of throttle selected when you go to pull the cord although it was maddening on the job earlier on!

Probably sticking on the ceramic, glad you got it sorted /emoticons/smile.png

Also hope the engine gets better....

Had small engines on various things and they can all be a little finicky to start sometimes, had two generators before exactly the same that needed slightly different starting throttles/choke etc

Back