Weather

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by jordan, Aug 3, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. jordan

jordan Member

Hello everyone i started window cleaning about 3 months ago and i havent actually done any when it has been raining or windy just wondered what do window cleaners do when it rains?
    is there different techniques when it rains what equipment do i need a coat obviously i use microfibre towels to do the detailing will i need more for rainy days?
    will i loose customers in the winter ?
    do most window cleaners just work in summer and then have a different trade in the winter?
    thanks everyone just need these questions answered as im worrying about it all

Advertisement
  2. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

i wrk in dressel but when its raining i go home unless its on an off all day then ill wrk inbetween the showers im wfp so mch easer trad ant good in rain as soap leves the window spotty after its rained

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I trad in the rain (skin is waterproof)
    As long as you use microfibre not scrim it is ok
    Windows are still clean

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

skin is waterproof?... I like it :rofl:

5. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

It's comes down to your preference/attitude/determination & having the appropriate equipment. Most don't work beyond drizzle but a few will literally plough on through snow!

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I have worked in snow, rain and hail..only serious strong wind stops me
    End of the day it's all money
    Don't understand these people who don't want windows cleaned when rain is forecast

7. cheapncheerful

hmmm, dont mention weather after i wasted friday waiting for supposed rain that didnt arrive..grrrrrr

it is the worst aspect of the job...the weather...but i have so many jobs to do on the house it doesnt bother me at all...i need to replace the shower...if i got the proper tradesperson in it would cost me £100 ish and if i do it myself i look at it that i have earnt that although i dont think the wife thinks quite the same....so rain doesnt bother me...providing ...it rains...if it starts peeing about that is really annoying..as in ...sunny ...rainy...sunny ..hate those days..:)

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I think you used that one as an excuse myself. Why would you stay in if it wasn't raining :D

9. cheapncheerful

because ....er....because...er...it...looked like rain...er....okay i was knackered and it was friday..i give up ...you can't get away with anything on here...:rofl:

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Lazy bugger
    I would have gone out and waited for a monsoon before going home

Advertisement