Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Weather

nearlyclean

Not to great at the moment,Temperature seems to raising not to tropical levels,looks like day temperature for Manchester is going to hit 1+oC on google weather but on other forecasts -6. I am going to get out tomorrow and see what I can do /emoticons/biggrin.png

Just looked outside and its freezing -3oC, not doing any window cleaning in that,might pack up till after new year

The weather seem to be improving apart from rain,loaded my motor ready for early start,got a lot on and got to finish december cleans haha first

Lol Ye I am not that busy at mo so was not hard to organize around Xmas, how do you guys do it? Try and get some early and leave some for after? Just wondering as I have a couple custys that are quite chat if I come early or late.

I just do what i can in the month and carry over to the next I have about 4-5 days I still have to catch up from last month but they wont get done twice in a month and gradually it all slots back into place,I always try and do the cream first and leave the sour customers to last if I pushed for time I will leave them till next time and I trained them not to expect me on the same day each month,if i get 4 days of rain even if i work though i be slower and ones that are unreasonable get dropped I had one complain about coming a day earlier once (I was going away and wanted to get in front) I said you either want them cleaned or not and I moved on to the next house and never went back.I do a quality job and respect their property and I'm usually within 3 days of when there due and get plenty of recommendations and don't worry about it most people have busy lives and only know there due after they note they've been done.

It does set me back a bit,but it is down to forward planning and I only expect to do 3/4 of my work during winter months or put it another way some of my customers get 2 cleans over a 3 month period and most people are skint in January and some dont notice your 6-7 weeks late

Yes this is true, thanks for the help. Trying to sus out how best to sort my round when it gets bigger now rather than panicking when it happens.

I review all my customers some are priority,others medium and low priority and this all depends on how reliable at paying,the ones that have awkward gates that kind of thing all have a bearing on winter work when daytime hours and dry days are short,rain doesn't normally stop me working but the ice/snow slows me down.I did some work today that hasn't been done since middle of november some still owed for last time but they know in the winter I might be a few weeks late and as long as I show my face within couple of months I don't worry about losing work

Fair enough, most my custys are quite happy at the mo if i am late etc. I can see were your coming from with priority ones though all of mine are ok at the mo but sure i will get some pain ones at some point

We are having a few more minus 0 ***hts so wrap up your kit and bring what you can inside we're not out the woods yet

I saw a frozen bird bath at 11:30 solid it was.I'm still using warm water through my combi,It stays warm for about 18 hours,bring my pump in over ***ht,it all takes time but pays off in the long run

Now we are in March,starting to see double figures in temperatures this week not quite getting a sun tan weather yet,roll on summer

Back