weather

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Ryan, Feb 22, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ryan

Ryan Guest

on domestic work

yesterday i worked in light rain

what sort of weather do u all go do domestic stuff in ? do u leave it when its raining or ?

Advertisement
  2. mr shine

mr shine Guru

i cant do any domestic in the rain they wont allow it commercial is no problem i try to book gutter clearence facia and soffit cleans or powerwashing jobs on these days at least you will still be earning :(

3. laddergarder

I was off monday, i was out all day yesterday, and i've been off today uptil now. In light rain I carry on, if it is heavy showers I'll sit it out in the van. I its like today when I know its going to be bad all day going by the forcasts I'll just take the day off. I always keep an eye on it though and am ready to go out if conditions improve.[hr]
    If I get any customers who complain because I am working in the rain, I just tell them that I will give them there money back if they check there windows the next day and they are not cleaned to a good standard. But if they only want there windows cleaned when its sunny and dry, then I will never get them and will have to take them off my list.

Never lost any due to this and have never had to go back to a customer the next day.

4. James

James Guru

Any weather suits me, just heavy rain can screw your work up abit and it's not recommended you go out in it, but sometimes I still do.

James.

5. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

The only weather I wont work in is Heavy Winds..........coz I nearly lost my pole to a conservatory in it

6. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Rain isnt really a problem, but some customers dont like it, and while i will work in rain (as long as it isnt chucking it down), i also try to respect my customers wishes, its a balancing act!. But like ricoclay says, wind is the real problem for wfp, that can give you all sorts of problems to contend with!.

7. Posh

Posh Hero

Here here badbusdriver. Customers wishes. I try do the ones I know aren't going to be in if it's rainning. Cheating I know but it works.

8. James

James Guru

Yeah I can see why some customers would find it strange. Have to respect their wishes, after all this is business.

James.

9. anz0002

anz0002 Guest

At times I do work in rain.

Advertisement