Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hey up

ash brown

Hey up

newbie to forum and the window cleaning game.

First off thanks for all the valuable help I've got from lurking this forum for the last month or so.

I've got myself quite well set up for tradding and starting a round on weekends now.

one thing im not very confident on is the ladder ive got a standard end ladder with mitts on stiles and ladder mats for end also I use a 25k olympic rubber plate to prevent slip out.

id like to get a cheap wfp set up for circa £500 with pure water setup thinking of a backpack/ trolley set up. Mainly to do upper windows in awkward places.

Can anyone advise on a set or individual bits to create a full wfp set up to get me started as dont have much more than £500 to invest at the moment.

all advice appreciated as I want this career to work so I can spend more time with my family as a lifestyle change.

cheers

ash

dab hands window cleaning

Don't use ladder mats in the wet mate..they can slip as rubber don't grip well.

Boarcity found this out the hard way.

There is a thread for diy trolley set up in the wfp section

Look in diy section..thread called "home made alternative to backpack"

Could mount that on a trolley

Cheers daveyboy thanks for advice I almost sharted myself saturday when up ladder with ladder mats on bottom on paving decided against it and cleaned with trad pole instead.

really enjoying the window cleaning though and the weight stops the ladder slipping until I find something better. Got some big old heavy 3 section x 7ft aluminium ladders would like a ankalad new ladders and microlite stand off.

but tbh id like to set up wfp first and put my limited resources into that.

once I've made some more money off my part time windiw cleaning, I am going to invest in some quality longer ladders and safety gear to enable me to branch into gutter clearing etc.

ive seen a £80 backpack on trolley on ebay called kobolo is this ok for me doing sbout a dozen houses a weekend and would I just need the pole brush heads and pure water system and can anyone advise on goid starter options on these.

ive been looking on forum but got snow blinded with all of it tbh.

cheers

ash

I am just looking into wfp myself after 23 years trad so can't advise you there

Some of these guys will help you mate

You're right thinking about ankalad though..makes a big difference that you can notice while climbing them and can use laddermats with it as it's going nowhere

plenty of guys and gals on here that will help ya out with lots of experience

i am a novice of 2 yrs and have been helped greatly on here

good luck

2 steps up the ladder instead of the bottom step @daveyboy1 going the right way :thumbsup:

long ladder though:rofl:

Hi Ash, welcome to the forums....we've got a great bunch here who have had years of experience in Tradding and Pure Water cleaning. I've not started yet Ash but I'm still training, like you I'm still getting use to ladders. Welcome again mate to the best window cleaning forums.

Tony.:thumbsup:

hiya ash - im glad youve already been warned here about using rubber mats outdoors - its the one thing i really shout about after coming a cropper back in 2010 i was a relative newbie of 2 yrs working alone ,who had bought the rubber mats thinking "they look a lifesaver" when in practice theyre the opposite!

you will get more confident if you fit metal spikes to your ladder, old timers swear by them ,and NOW so do i . they dig threw ice i can promise you what better grip , rock climber use spikes on their boots dont they

Been called much worse tuffers lol thanks for all welcomes.

thanks boarcity for advice wasted afew quid on them laddermats but oh well glad I posted on here and found out the easy way!

One thing with spikes on ladders what do you do on hard surfaces concrete etc.

cheers chaps

ash

Back