Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Website integration

If a customer selected a 3 bed semi on your website and then signed up for Gocardless how can you get the pricing into Gocardless?
The pricing is done on a clean by clean basis. If you clear their gutters you just add that to the invoice. If you agree a first clean surcharge you bill them for that. GC just collect whatever you bill the customer.

The pricing is done on a clean by clean basis. If you clear their gutters you just add that to the invoice. If you agree a first clean surcharge you bill them for that. GC just collect whatever you bill the customer.

When you sign up for a DD the amount is in the mandate, this seems strange that I have to get them to sign up, then do back into Gocardless and set the amount when it can all be automated click a button for service which has a price, then click 4 or 8 weeks or whatever the agreed billing cycle is.

I’m not some expert on this mate but… I imagine the mandate either doesn’t have an amount on it or there are multiple types of mandate. Take your sky bill for example, if you watch the boxing PPV they take a different amount. The TV licence goes up every year but I’ve never received a new mandate, same with the council tax. I do get a bill from them which would be the equivalent of our invoices.

There is a way to sign a customer up to a plan where they are billed on a certain day of the month. Doesn’t work well for most rounds for obvious reasons.

I think you’re looking for a resolution to a problem that doesn’t exist. It’s not as if we service millions of people. I can’t see the time this would save you is worthwhile for the extra aggro.

I’m not some expert on this mate but… I imagine the mandate either doesn’t have an amount on it or there are multiple types of mandate. Take your sky bill for example, if you watch the boxing PPV they take a different amount. The TV licence goes up every year but I’ve never received a new mandate, same with the council tax. I do get a bill from them which would be the equivalent of our invoices.

There is a way to sign a customer up to a plan where they are billed on a certain day of the month. Doesn’t work well for most rounds for obvious reasons.

I think you’re looking for a resolution to a problem that doesn’t exist. It’s not as if we service millions of people. I can’t see the time this would save you is worthwhile for the extra aggro.
As I thought it can be done, just have to use an API from my dashboard, called support today I can have them select 4/8 week cycle on any size house and it will import it to go cardless and input the price for the mandate.

I see what you're saying... I still don't understand the purpose or the ultimate benefit. In the scenario you're setting up how do you bill a customer when you clear some gutters for them? More importantly, how do you ever increase the price. Maybe you're working in the wrong industry, web development pays really well.

Just remember when the Americans went into space they realised that pens wouldn't work to take notes. They came back down and developed the space pen, works in 0G, writes upside down etc. Cost them £1million which was a lot of money back then. The Russians went up and realised that pens wouldn't work. They came back down and got a pencil!

I just want it all automated and my website is designed to have it all automated
So how do you plan to charge them more for gutters or conservatory roofs? How do you know they're being truthful with regards to the size of their property. I imagine if you're putting something like this in place you plan to go big right? What about when your guys start turning up. All the lads who have ever worked for me would just clean the property and think to themselves it's underpriced. How will you control price increases?

Even the biggest companies in the UK don't do it as automated as you suggest. They have their pricing, you sign up in what is essentially a contact us form and fill in the direct debit process. They have prices you can cross reference to so you know what you should be paying but they also have an option to load pictures if the house is not standard, I can only assume this is to give the customer the correct price.

I'm not being facetious with my questions. If what you're suggesting will work then it's a good idea. I just don't understand how it will.

You're making hard work for yourself basically, sign up to Cleaner Planner or Squeegee and you can have GoCardless integration this then makes a request for the amount after each job is completed,

I wouldn't rely on a customer pricing a job they could put in what they want, miss out 3 windows and not include the doors, I recommended doing some research on here as all the answers are already on here.

While automation and 'price by bedrooms' does work for big companies it's more a case of some they win on some they don't. I have some modern 3 bed semis that have 8 windows/doors and some that have close to 20 windows and doors (old Victorian big 3 beds). You really will be shooting yourself in the foot if you just charge by number of bedrooms, unless all the potential customers live in modern houses that is. Then you have parking, access, plant pots etc to consider.
You really need some decent caveats on your web site to say how many windows and doors you clean for say a 3 bed semi charge - maybe say subject to first visit type thing but if your website is saying you will charge £15 for a 3 bed semi and when you arrive it has 25 windows, 2 doors and French doors telling the customer it's a £30 job might get you very negative reviews both online and to the 'customers' friends/relatives etc!!

One thing to remember about GoCardless is it's a Direct Debit mandate not a standing order (standing order is fixed amount - fixed date - set by customer). So when you request the GoCardless payment you request a specific amount that can be varied - the customer is then notified on the amount and if they do nothing in X days the payment is processed. If you are using Cleaner Planner or Squeegee the request for £X is automated in that you have set the amount you charge within the apps, you can add a conny clean to the invoice and the GoCardless notification from the app will just say total amount.

Back