Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

ANY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR A HALF DECENT TRAILER

paddy

can any of you chaps point me in the right direction for a trailer, been looking on Ebay but they are pick up only, hours away.probs pay upto 800 quid.any help appreciated. im north east England btw

If you are looking to fit it wfp then you need a braked van trailer. Easier to keep frost free in winter, braked because you can't hold a trailer full of water on a slope/hill - been there and a cover trailer reduces amount of algae growth due to sunlight.

To pull it you need power, so you might as well kit a van out.

Was only gonna carry about 200 litres max in a container plus a couple of trolleys, you reckon it's still too much weight. I've only got a 1.6 Vauxhall Astra estate?

If you are looking to fit it wfp then you need a braked van trailer. Easier to keep frost free in winter, braked because you can't hold a trailer full of water on a slope/hill - been there and a cover trailer reduces amount of algae growth due to sunlight.
To pull it you need power, so you might as well kit a van out.[

I started off with a trailer with 3 x 125litre tanks and that was impossible to hold. I did it with bricks once but I would never do it again.

I had one of these;

http://www.window-tools.com/window-cleaner-trailer-system.htm

Got us going in WFP but a real waste of money TBH. Everything froze solid in winter,and had to wash the tanks out every weekend because of the algae growth.

The axles were never meant to carry the weight so replaced hubs and bearings every few months. It rotted away in about 4 years.

I started off with a trailer with 3 x 125litre tanks and that was impossible to hold. I did it with bricks once but I would never do it again.
I had one of these;

http://www.window-tools.com/window-cleaner-trailer-system.htm

Got us going in WFP but a real waste of money TBH. Everything froze solid in winter,and had to wash the tanks out every weekend because of the algae growth.

The axles were never meant to carry the weight so replaced hubs and bearings every few months. It rotted away in about 4 years.
At the moment I've only bought a gardiner backpack and a 27ft pole, and four 25ltre containers, ''twas really to eliminate my triple ladder...3 storey work. I was gonna test the water with wfp then maybe make the move with a van and mount etc

what year astra is it paddy? you may get away with carrying that amount you may also not have to go van mount there's a few people that use backpacks/trolleys to clean so I wouldn't jump into it.

I

what year astra is it paddy? you may get away with carrying that amount you may also not have to go van mount there's a few people that use backpacks/trolleys to clean so I wouldn't jump into it.
its quite an old Astra ,2004. It would probs take the weight but there's 5 of us. My plan is to drop 3 off at trad only work

Back