Weed Killer, Is It Worth It?

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by Roland, Jul 28, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Roland

Roland Stafford PowerWash Services

Everything I have read says to apply weed killer after washing the block paving and before sanding but all weed killers I know say to apply to the leaves and it will then kill the roots.

Surely it would be better to spray the weed killer then wait a week and then wash rather than wash then weed kill?

I take it that it is the time factor that stops people sprays a week in advance?

I am thinking about not using weed killer if I can't spray at least a week in advance.

Am I missing something here?

Advertisement
  2. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Hypo will kill of any weeds

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Although hypo will kill what it hits It wont travel down to the root like a proper weedkilerr tho

4. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

I managed to get hold of some weedkiller from a friend of the family who works on the railways. Kills everything, leaves or not. Cant remember the name of it, ill ask next time i see it

5. Matty

Matty Newcomer

I don't do weed killer, but for at home I buy a box glyphosate off eBay

Just drop sachets into watering can

6. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

I always apply hypo after I clean as well
    So most of the weeds have disappeared from the joints a t this point
    This allows the hypo to soak down between any joints and will defiantly kill of any little roots left
    I no it's sad but I actually tested hypo on some living weeds in my border lol then dug them up 2 days later to inspect the roots
    One word!cremated!!

7. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I may be mistaken but I thought glysophate was banned now.

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

rock salt works very well as a long lasting weedkiller

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Glyphosate is readily available and is what is used at allotments etc to clear overgrown unnatended plots as it kills the weeds but becomes inert once it comes in contact with the ground so you can then dig over the plot ready for use

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Ben23

Ben23 Member

This^^ . Glyphosate is the active ingredient in a lot of over the counter weedkillers and readily available from from most garden sections of the likes of B&Q etc, it does need a leaf to get down to the roots though but I just put in my aftercare leaflet that any recurrence of weeds is to be treated by the customer as they can and will seed in the joints if it isnt sealed, no way of avoiding it really. Never make wild promises that it'll stay weed free for any period of time as it wont happen and you'll get call backs, just arm them with the information to maintain thier drive/paved area once your finished and they've no comeback

Advertisement