Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Weekend Canvassing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

koopmaster

Hi All,

A quick question.

I am working full time and can only build up my business and work on the weekend (at least to start)

When canvassing can I canvass one day and say that I will come clean the windows the next day or do you canvass and clean on the spot?

How does everyone else canvass with limited time?

Canvassing in the week during the winter months is to me a no go as its dark early. Obviously this changes during summer.

Matt

what id try to do is say keep a certain amount of windows you can do each weekend say 30 houses around the 1st week of the month then when you have 30 or whatever your limet is then move on to weekend 2 after you canvass say you will be round in the second weekend in the month hope this makes sense:)

i canvass when i have time ive done this from day one with my gardens and windows all by flyer and word of mouth.

whish id have built my round up whilst employed by my last job but to be fair i couldnt even afford a set of ladders when i worked for someone!

Don't worry too much about promising to come back at a certain time, just tell them you will do them when you are in the area. If you can get out to them the next day, then great, let them know you should be round in the next couple of days weather permitting.

You will have less and less time, as you pick up more and more hours. It is for this reason that we keep canvassing to out of hours over the summer. You pick up loads through the year through word of mouth as well.

Everyone will have there own preferences which they prefer, with door knocking or leaflets, of a mixture of both. But in my experience door knocking will get you more work. It will take longer, but with more reward. Some people hate door knocking and just prefer to stick to leaflets, and other indirect forms of advertising. Personally I hate both, but I is about what will get you customers at the end of the day.

One thought though, is that if you intend or canvassing before 6pm, door knocking will be a waste of time, and you should stick to leaflets. Door knocking really does have to be done in the evenings for best results.

I think canvassing can be pretty effective on a saturday, purely because a lot more people are at home. I went canvassing this afternoon and hardly anyone was in.

Thanks for all the tips and help, I think for this saturday and Sunday I am going to canvass a few houses per a street and drop cards in the rest to get my name out there.

Latest Posts

Back